Finance Business Partner x7
|Job Title:||Finance Business Partner x7|
|Salary:||£52500 - £60635 per annum + Excellent Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Michael Swinburn|
|Job Published:||January 20, 2020 16:43|
The Cabinet Office has a vital role to play at the centre of government. Its purpose is to maintain the integrity of the union, the security of the country and a flourishing democracy, to ensure delivery of the government's programme and the Prime Minister's priorities, and to ensure the delivery of the finest public services by attracting and developing the best public servants and improving the efficiency of government.
The Finance Business Partner is central to the relationship between an individual business area and the finance function. You will use your technical skills and sound understanding of the business unit to provide advice, challenge and scrutiny. You will ensure that budgets are well constructed, managed and monitored and provide support in the production of business cases and plans to deliver improved performance, reduced risk and better value for money.
Commercially astute, you will guide the development of business cases for investment and help the business to reach sound procurement decisions. You will be determined to deliver first class stewardship of public funds and great value for money.
The responsibilities of the Finance Business Partner will include
- Developing a deep knowledge of diverse business areas, their needs and priorities, looking at the bigger picture to make sure that the business understands the financial implications of decisions and available choices.
- Showing effective leadership skills in the line management of a team of assistant business partners.
- Acting as key liaison point between Finance and the business, building in depth understanding of different business areas and performance priorities.
- Providing analysis to support decision making and using benchmarking to highlight opportunities and add value.
- Identifying sustainable cost savings targets and initiatives as part of the business planning cycle.
- Supporting the financial analysis of business areas to prepare for Spending Reviews, risk management and business planning processes.
- Leading on financial reporting, including analysing financial information and preparing summary reporting, ensuring that the leaders of the Cabinet Office are able to make decisions based on accurate financial information.
- Supporting on the construction of business cases through financial challenge and the identification of commercial implications of options considered.
- Assessing accounting implications and providing accounting advice in accordance with international financial reporting standards and central government accounting rules.
- Building financial and commercial awareness of non-finance staff within the business.
- Leading a diverse team to deliver an effective and efficient service, while supporting the development of finance capability across the department.
Key Skills & Experience
- CCAB, or equivalent, qualified (or with considerable financial/ commercial experience and/or the ability to gain formal CCAB qualifications within a reasonable time.)
- A minimum of four years' experience in a finance or strategy role.
- Some knowledge of government finance and the operation of fiscal events
- Well-developed communication, presentation, relationship management influencing and negotiation skills including an ability to engage effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
- A high level of competence in budget management, planning, forecasting and risk identification combined with excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent technical accounting skills across a wide range of financial disciplines and a proven ability to apply them effectively.
- High credibility with senior colleagues and stakeholders and the ability to influence decision-making.
- The ability to analyse and communicate complex financial information in a clear and understandable way.
- Strategic and commercial skills gained from working in other specialist areas such as commercial, policy, IT, HR or delivery.
Salary - £52,500 - £60,635 + £5,000 accountancy allowance (Dependent on qualification status)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Finance Business Partner
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits
Interim Finance Business Partner
£23.00 - £28.00 per hour
£61500.00 - £67800.00 per annum + generous pension & holiday
Finance Positions- Public Sector
£150 - £700 per day
Interim Finance Manager
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits