Finance Business Partner (SEO/B) x4
|Job Title:||Finance Business Partner (SEO/B) x4|
|Salary:||£33,107 - £44,336 + £2,000/£4,000 Accountancy Allowance|
|Contact Name:||Michael Swinburn|
|Job Published:||July 10, 2020 15:50|
Please note that the salary range for qualified candidates will be £37,922-£44,336, plus £4,000 accountancy allowance.
The salary range for part-qualified candidates will be £33,107-£38,618, plus £2,000 accountancy allowance.
Closing Date: 2nd August 2020
The Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) is at the heart of the government’s economic and social agendas. A quarter of UK businesses are in our sectors and are among the most exciting and fastest growing of the whole economy. They provide 5.2 million jobs and deliver £38bn worth of exports. Our mission is to drive growth, enrich lives and promote Britain to the world.
Working in conjunction with our over 40 Arm’s Length Bodies we strive to create the conditions for everyone to enjoy our national culture, play sport, make the most of new technologies and have access to effective communications. Our sectors are critical to ensuring we have a strong place in the world - creating a global UK whose cultural, technological, creative, community and sporting assets mark us out as an essential partner for trade and investment. And making places that people want to live in, work in, invest in and visit.
DCMS’ scope is unlike any other and you would be working for a team who support effective financial management with our internal policy teams and Arms’ Length Bodies on a diverse and fascinating spectrum of work, from supporting our major cultural institutions, film and broadcasting, sports bodies, regulatory functions and delivery of the country’s digital agenda.
As a Finance Business Partner you will work with Budget Holders within the department and / or outwards to over 40 Arm’s Length Bodies, using your specialist finance expertise and building effective relationships to provide support, advice and constructive challenge to ensure the effective operation of DCMS’s systems of financial and budgetary control.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Build and manage effective relationships with internal Budget Holders and / or Arm’s Length Bodies Finance teams to understand their business in order to support the delivery of departmental priorities for value for money.
- Provide a trusted, single point of contact for departmental policy teams and directorates and / or Arm’s Length Bodies and channelling enquiries and requests for advice to the relevant subject matter experts (including HMT and other government departments where necessary).
- Provide high quality finance advice and analysis to stakeholders to support and enable good policy decisions whilst managing their budgets in line with agreed government finance rules.
- Ensure all DCMS financial controls, policies and procedures operate effectively and on a timely basis.
- Actively work to promote good financial management and to build an environment in which the advice and involvement of the Finance Team is actively sought at the start of policy making.
- Support Budget Holders through the annual (and multi-year) budget setting process for DCMS itself, including administration, programme, capital and depreciation budgets as relevant, and through in-year budget review exercises.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Hold a full CCAB or CIMA accountancy qualification, or actively training
- Experience of providing expert financial advice on complex issue
- Highly numerate and literate, as well as being able to build excellent collaborative working relationships with others, demonstrating excellent communication skills
- Previous Business Partnering experience with working knowledge of managing public money, and an understanding of central government accounting and budgeting rules (desirable)
For more information or an informal discussion, please apply via the link, or contact Michael Swinburn or Stuart Thomson at our retained search agent, Robertson Bell.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Finance Business Partner
Up to £45000 per annum
Finance Business Partner
Head of Finance Business Partnering
£57,034 - 67,970 per year + £4,000 accountancy allowance
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£50000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Interim Finance Director
St. Austell, Cornwall