Finance Business Partner - Capital
|Job Title:||Finance Business Partner - Capital|
|Job Published:||May 11, 2020 14:41|
Salary: £53,000 pa
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week (scope for this role to be Part-time, minimum 3 days per week)
Are you a qualified finance professional with a desire to develop your career in capital accounting?
At St Mungo’s we have a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Business Partner - Capital to join the Finance team responsible for supporting operations and central services managers in designing, monitoring and reporting against their investment plans.
About the role
As a Housing Association and a homeless charity our clients and their access to safe and effective services is at the heart of what we do. Ensuring our capital projects align with our operational priorities is core to this. Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and interpretation of monthly capital accounts
- Complete St Mungo’s budget setting, forecast and capital accounting activities, including input into the 5 year strategic plan
- Provide finance support to Property Services, Property Development and teams undertaking investment projects by providing timely and accurate reports, meaningful commentary and advice
- Support teams delivering investment projects by preparing investment models and providing financial challenge to investment papers
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the finance team’s procedures and processes
- Provide technical insight into capital accounting under FRS102, the housing SORP and Housing regulations.
What we’re looking for
To succeed in this role, you will:
- Be CCAB qualified and will have played a significant role in the preparation of capital investment models for a provider of low margin services.
- Have experience of using finance software to interpret financial performance, strong data analytical skills, and be able to write clear and concise reports tailored to the needs of financial and non-financial individuals.
- Have good analytical, influencing and negotiation skills, as you will be supporting Capital teams in preparing and monitoring the performance of investment projects against approved budgets.
- Be happy working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Be a strong team member supporting the wider finance team in the review and development of policies, procedures and systems to meet changing business needs.
If you believe that you have the skills, knowledge and drive that we are looking for, and a passion for working for a charity that makes a real difference to the lives of homeless people, we would love to hear from you.
What we offer
- Excellent Development and Growth Opportunities
St Mungo’s employees are encouraged to consider opportunities to develop new skills or progress including; secondments, internal transfers, application to new roles in the organisation or just to get involved in various projects happening within the organisation.
As a result, last year 35% of our vacancies were filled by promotions. In 2019 we achieved We Invest in People Gold level accreditation and are one of just 3% of housing associations to achieve this standard; 82% of staff who took part in the IIP survey say St Mungo’s is a great place to work.
- A Diverse and Inclusive Work Place
At St Mungo’s, equality, diversity and inclusion are central to the organisation's values and how we work. We are proud of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and have 7 great Diversity Networks to support clients and staff from different backgrounds so they are able to be their best selves. Our Networks include: BAME, Carer’s and Parent’s, Lived Experience, LGBTQIA+, Disability Awareness, Irish and Women’s Action.
We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) applicants, as they are under-represented within St Mungo’s at more senior levels.
- Flexible Working and Other Benefits
We are committed to maintaining your work/life balance. We offer 25 days annual leave, and operate a very popular Flexi Time scheme, which allows you to supplement your annual leave entitlement. After 5 years, staff annual leave entitlement increases to 28 days.
St Mungo’s contribute 4% of your gross annual salary, and you are able to enrol in the Defined Contribution scheme following a successful probationary period in which the employer contribution is 6%.
There is scope for this role to be part-time with a minimum of 3 days per week and pro-rata salary.
What we do
At St Mungo’s our vision is that everyone has a place to call home and can fulfil their hopes and ambitions. As a homelessness charity and housing association, our clients are at the heart of what we do, and in 2019 we supported nearly 30,000 people who were either homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. Our staff are crucial to making this happen.
How to apply
To find out more and apply please click the apply button.
To view the job description and guidance on completing your application form, please click on the document available tab at the top of the advert page on our website.
Closing date: 10am on 2nd June 2020.
Interview and assessments on: Tuesday 16th to Friday 19th June 2020.
Please be advised that all appointments will be made on St Mungo’s current standard Terms and Conditions (T&Cs); this also applies to any internal candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Finance Business Partner
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Finance Business Partner
£220.00 - £230.00 per day
Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£35000 - £40000 per annum
£85,000 + benefits
Finance Systems Manager
£60k - 65k per year