£40000 - £48000 per annum + Very Generous Benefits
12 days ago
- Be the financial voice when partnering across the business
- Become the resident expert on the business area you oversee
Five-times accredited as a Top Employer, our client are looking for the right person to make a crucial contribution of the finance team, stepping into one of the most business-critical positions in the team.
Working in the rail sector, we are recruiting for a Finance Business Partner to supper the Fleet Directorate during a transformative phase for the company.
The Finance Business Partner will take the lead for all financial workstreams, and be the single point of contact for all finance matters. You will:
- Prepare the budgets and forecasts following set schedules.
- Lead the preparation and compilation of comprehensive budgets and forecasts (P&L and Capex) ready for inclusion in company level financial models. Actively take part in preparation of variance analysis and writing narratives to support plans.
- Lead in the production of period end management accounting tasks, including the integrity of financial transactions, performing detailed variance analysis, compiling directorate level commentaries and balance sheet reconciliations. Identifying and reporting all risk and opportunities.
- Prepare and distribute management reporting of financial information with all budget owners and have regular financial performance review meetings.
- Take the financial lead on business cases from initiation support through to post investment appraisals.
- Actively take part in all half year and year end accounting activities, providing support for internal and external audits.
- Develop financial reporting and analysis that facilitates effective decision-making activity.
- Interface effectively with the Shared Service Centre, dealing with any queries and providing financial accounting support to the business.
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualification
- Previous experience working in an engineering, maintenance or construction sector preferred
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of management accounts preparation, business planning and budgeting
- Team-player with a dynamic mentality
- Well-developed understanding of financial modelling and Microsoft Office
- Excellent Railway Pension scheme
- Free travel on the companies network, and Train Operating Companies under the parent company
- 1st Class Duty Travel on the network
- Friends and Family discounted Tickets on the network
- Up to 34 Days paid leave
- 75% discount on National Travel (inc partner and dependants)
- Various training opportunities
- Additional benefits