Finance Business Partner
|Job Title:||Finance Business Partner|
|Salary:||£55000 - £60000 per annum + bonus|
|Contact Name:||Alicja Gogol|
|Job Published:||April 09, 2021 10:58|
Fantastic opportunity to join a large and progressive construction company who have a newly created Finance Business Partner opportunity which involves providing financial based support for the commercial activities of the business.
Large European construction company with UK headquarters located at an amazing site in East Hertfordshire. The business continues to steadily grow through joint ventures, and 2020 was a very profitable year. Offering a fantastic culture where their people come first while offering opportunities to grow and develop.
This Finance Business Partner is a key role within the commercial finance team. It encompasses a range of responsibilities that are principally focused around providing pro-active and financial based support for the commercial activities of the business. This includes ensuring integrity of contract reporting (with reference to policies and accounting standards), and business and financial controls. There are elements of the role which will require willingness to take responsibility for discrete financial projects, and the role holder must also display a willingness to contribute to the delivery of change in the business.
- Supporting Commercial teams with reporting, budgeting & forecasting including analysing and challenging reported results from a financial view point
- Assessment of contract structures in respect of IFRS 15 considerations
- Monitoring of costs (including central recharges), identifying areas of savings / efficiencies and implementing process to achieve savings identified
- Identification and assessment of the accounting and tax impacts of "unusual" contracts and working to ensure that these are set up properly and operated with the appropriate level of financial control in place
- Perform contract impact assessments of changes to tax legislation (e.g. IR35 / DRC / RDEC etc.) and develop processes to minimise impacts while ensuring compliance
- Supporting external audit exercise
- Supporting commercial teams to develop improvements in cash, including performing and reviewing Project Bank Account reconciliations to ensure Trust Deed compliance while maximising cash
- Supporting implementation of ERP system and development of management information systems
- Qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA) either from practice or industry, with a background in audit
- Relevant Post Qualification experience beneficial (minimum of 1 year)
- Good Excel skills
- Versatile individual who is comfortable both in core financial disciplines and in partnering effectively with commercial teams
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Strong communicator able to build and maintain relationships across all levels of the business
If successful, the Finance Business Partner will receive a competitive salary alongside a 10% discretionary bonus and additional benefits such as private healthcare and pension. Given the size of the company, there are also opportunities to grow, develop and progress within the business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's