Houghton Le Spring, Tyne and Wear
21 days ago
This brand new role is an exceptional opportunity for a 1-3 year post qualified accountant and an ideal position for a 1st move out of practice or a 2nd move for someone looking to work for a global organisation. Our client is looking for someone with extensive stakeholder management experience and is well versed in dealing with non-finance professionals.
Our client is a well known global organisation that has a diverse portfolio within the Energy sector.
* Support managing the relationship with both Shareholders from a cash perspective, producing cash forecasts, drawing down for acquisitions and managing the year-end Dividend process.
* Support managing the relationship with the our Shareholder's Treasury teams, dealing with new and existing bank accounts, Governance, cash pooling implementation, interest and loan payments.
* Support managing the overall UK portfolio cash position, ensuring the organisation and its subsidiaries are sufficiently funded.
* Maintain all loans and interest across the portfolio, including Shareholder Loans, Revolving Credit Facilities and any bank debt.
* Participate in meetings with both internal and external stakeholders, for example to open new bank accounts, fund new projects and restructure loans.
* Support the Senior Accountant in managing and overseeing the relationships with the multiple external Investors, articulating the key messages on business performance and initiatives.
* Support on a wide range of operational and financial deliverables to Board meetings, across the multiple external investors.
* Support managing the delivery of the monthly and quarterly Board update packs, reviewing the numbers and key messages as well as ensuring consistency.
* Support managing the delivery of all board papers to the required schedule, co-ordinating the contributors across the business and supporting with information and review. This includes supporting the delivery of budget papers, and understanding the key drivers, power prices, operational initiatives.
- Accounting qualification (ACA/ CIMA/ ACCA) and/or experience working in a similar role.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships internally and externally.
- The ability to prioritise conflicting activities and be proactive.
- Preferable experience of working in a cash management or Treasury role.
- Preferable experience of conversing with investors both written and verbally in an engaging way to build strong long term relationships and articulating key messages.
- Able to plan and organise to deliver quality products.
- Able to challenge the way things are done and look at ways to make improvements to the business.
- Committed to personal continuous improvement and development of skills and knowledge.
Highly competitive basic salary and package.