£49,700 - 56,524 per year + £5,000 accountancy allowance
16 days ago
The Government Property Agency (GPA) was launched as an Executive Agency of the Cabinet Office in 2018. The GPA represents a step change in the way that Government property estate and assets are managed efficiently, by providing innovative and flexible solutions across the Government estate. Our core service is to support departments in business change and workforce transformation. The GPA is the place to be for UK’s leading professionals in estates, commercial, project management and beyond.
The Government Property Agency is expected to grow exponentially over the first few years of its existence; this equates to transferring hundreds of assets (worth billions of pounds) onto its balance sheet from Government Departments, as well as gaining responsibility for the running of a large part of the central government office estate.
Beyond the bricks and mortar, the GPA is about providing great workplaces for our people. Through programmes like Hubs, Whitehall Campus and Smart Working you will be in the vanguard of creating model working environments and promoting flexible working practices.
The responsibilities of the Finance Business Partner will include:
- Strategic level financial support to the Commercial Director
- Play an active role as a member of the Business Partnering and wider Finance team, contributing expertise in the development of strategies, proposals and work implementations
- Management of the Directorates in year budget, ensuring expenditure is with approved delegated limits, following GPA control processes, and in line with HMT’s Managing Public Money and Consolidated Budgeting Guidance. This includes the material Agency’s Landlord Services budget
- Identifying and reporting on financial risks and opportunities
- Management of future year financial planning for the Commercial Directorate, working with central finance
- Support the directorates to understand, manage and effectively reporting and planning.
- Drive continuous process efficiencies and improvements across the function, delivering maximum value for the GPA and ensuring robust controls are in place
- Seek out opportunities to lead/contribute to cross-government and cross-finance initiatives outside of own role
- Build relationships with key staff across Finance and the business in order to maintain effectiveness and relevance during change
- Leadership and line management of Commercial Management Accountant(s)
Key Skills and Experience
- Be a CCAB (or equivalent) qualified accountant in a recognised professional body
- Experience of driving improvements in processes to increase efficiency
- Ability to communicate complex matters to a non-financial audience
- Experience in the property industry within medium to large organisations where customer service is a priority is an advantage
- Ability to develop productive relationships and effective networks with stakeholders across government organisations
- Ability to contribute to the wider corporate leadership and culture of an organisation
- Ideally have experience managing a small team but not essential
For more information, apply via the link or contact Michael Swinburn at our retained search agent, Robertson Bell. Please note the closing date for applications is Sunday 24th January 2021.