Tower of London
£40k - 45k per year
18 days ago
Prostate Cancer UK is partnering exclusively with Robertson Bell to recruit to a Finance Business Partner on a permanent, full time basis. Prostate Cancer UK is a forward-thinking charity with a top priority of funding research to stop prostate cancer killing men. Founded in 1996 Prostate Cancer UK have invested millions to find better treatments and better tests that can spot fast-growing cancers early.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a dynamic and diverse finance team and will support budget holders and the wider organisation by delivering a high-quality business partnering service. This Finance Business Partner will ensure that Prostate Cancer UK has the reporting, information, and support to make sound and commercial financial decisions.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Co-ordinate and prepare central reporting of financial information, including forecasts, budgets, Board KPIs and management accounts
- Ensure budget holders have the tools they require to monitor their expenditure by preparing templates, training sessions, etc. and responding to business needs
- Look to constantly improve business processes that affect our financial reporting and monitoring, looking out for new ways of working
- Provide up to date training and support to budget holders, ensuring that our policies are adhered to
- Champion innovation, continuous improvement, customer focus and user engagement for budget holders
- Provide insight and challenge to business managers including guidance and recommendations to our programmes and assumptions
- Be a “critical friend” to our programmes, offering them support and advice on best finance and procurement practice, proactively contributing to new projects and initiatives to embed strong processes
- Support programmes across the organisation to monitor their budgets and forecasts in a self-sufficient way
The Prostate Cancer Charity was founded in 1996 as the first national organisation for prostate cancer in the UK. The aim was to improve the care and welfare of those affected by prostate cancer, increase investment in research, and raise public and political awareness of a long-neglected disease. Having merged with Prostate Action in 2012 and completely rebranded to form Prostate Cancer UK in the last 20 years the charity has invested over £37 million into ground-breaking research and continue to provide award-winning support for men.
Prostate Cancer UK is fully embracing working from home and will continue to offer flexible working arrangements in the future.
The successful candidate will:
- Be Qualified / sitting Final Exams or with equivalent experience
- Have excellent analytical skills
- Be able to proactively build and manage professional relationships at all levels
- Have a proven record of preparing financial information for non-finance colleagues
- Be able to provide insight on complex financial information in a simple way and proactive manner
- Have experience of preparing financial information (e.g. management accounts)
- Have a proven record of process development and driving improvement
- Have the ability to operate under time pressure and to work flexibly and responsively and to prioritise self and team workload in order to meet team deadlines
- Be an intermediate or above Excel user
- Have excellent communication skills; both written and oral
This opportunity will be based at offices at London Bridge.
The closing date for applications is 18th November with interviews taking place on either the 20th November or the week commencing 23rd November. Applications will be under constant review before the closing date so please submit your application to our retained search agent Robertson Bell. Apply now to be considered!