£52k - 57k per year
6 days ago
Looking to join a progressive and growing organisation? Are you seeking a finance business partnering role in the public sector? Could you advise senior heads of department on key financial matters? If yes, please read on!
Robertson Bell are partnering with this fantastic multi-academy trust whilst they recruit for a brand-new permanent Finance Business Partner. Reporting into the Head of Finance for their central function you will work closely with the senior management team and will manage critical internal reporting. This is a brilliant opportunity for a qualified accountant who has had previous exposure to budgeting and forecasting or someone in practice seeking their first move into industry. Duties will include:
- Liaise regularly with Budget Holders of all levels ensuring provided information is in an accessible format.
- Lead on the preparation of income and expenditure reports and monitor spend against budget.
- Provide clear financial information, advice and analysis.
- Create the cash flow forecast and group balance sheet on a monthly basis.
- Lead on the preparation of three year budgets and assist the Financial Controller with preparing the consolidated group accounts.
- Assist with the preparation of year end papers and liaise with external auditors.
- Oversee financial systems suggesting improvements.
- Provide management accounts commentary and narrative for the Finance Director and Financial Controller.
- Assist with the development and training of junior members of the team.
This organisation boasts a driven and ambitious workforce and maintains a low turnover of staff. The opportunity will best suit someone with previous experience as a Finance Business Partner or an auditor with experience in the education or charity sector. This is a full time position which will be based from the organisations head office in south London which is just twenty minutes from London Bridge and close to
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified Accountant (preferably ACA or ACCA).
- Have a solid understanding of budgeting and forecasting.
- Have previous business partnering experience.
- Be an excellent communicator.
If you feel this post could be of interest to you then please do not hesitate in applying as applications are being reviewed daily.