Finance Business Partner
|Job Title:||Finance Business Partner|
|Location:||Welwyn Garden City|
|Contact Name:||Payal Khakhria|
|Job Published:||September 17, 2020 15:21|
About the role
Working in the Channels Finance team, the Finance Business Partner for Payroll Transformation (job share) is pivotal to delivering initiatives that involve significant payroll change across our UK business, working alongside the Business Planning and Channels FP&A finance teams, and working closely with the People and Rewards, and Channels Transformation teams.
The purpose of this role is to support Tesco to understand and transform its payroll cost base. This can include changes driven from external factors; such as the minimum or living wage, impact of Covid, and internal decisions such as policy changes.
This role is at the heart of what Tesco does, supporting decisions on how to deliver the shopping trip now and in the future and how our payroll needs to evolve to meet changing customer tastes and priorities.
This is a part time (21.75 hours per week) job share role.
You will be responsible for
- Working alongside the Channels team to support efficiency and effectiveness in our cost base.
- The FBP for Payroll transformation will be involved in high profile, strategic projects that enable to business to deliver significant value
- Role share, supporting flexible working, and given the opportunity to support the delivery of strategically significant initiatives and decisions.
- You will work alongside the Store and Fulfilment transformation teams, as well as the People and Rewards team to identify opportunities to transform payroll.
- This will include identifying the different ways in which these opportunities could be delivered and working with the TBS team to run scenarios on what this could mean from a payroll and P&L perspective.
- In some cases you may need to be close to the project detail and business case. It is also important to have a holistic overview of the overall programme of transformation and how the different projects collectively impact payroll.
- The role is adhoc in nature however will continue to be involved in strategic and long term plan, and the detail of these plans into the budget and forecast. The focus is on the medium to long term, and in delivering change.
You will need
- This role is a job share, for 21.75 hours per week.
- You will be a qualified accountant and will need strong excel skills, the ability to present complex information and ideas simply. Build effective working relationship with finance teams in UK and India, and with the business teams.
- To succeed in this role you’ll need to be proactive and curious, be able to manage significant amount of change at short notice and prioritise accordingly.
- In addition if you have excellent stakeholder management skills, this will then enable you to manage the wide variety of stakeholders with differing interests and points of view.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Finance Business Partner
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + benefits
Group Finance Manager/Commercial Finance Business Manager
£45000 - £55000 per annum
Finance Business Partner/Senior Management Accountant
£40000 - £50000 per annum
£80000.00 - £90000.00 per annum
£70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum