Finance Business Partner
|Job Title:||Finance Business Partner|
|Location:||Bristol City Centre, Bristol|
|Contact Name:||May Travis|
|Job Published:||August 04, 2020 17:40|
The Finance Business Partner will be a key member of the international team, working directly with Global Senior Stakeholders. The role focuses on all areas of accounting & finance and requires excellent technical knowledge as well as the ability to work well with various heads of department.
Our client is a well-known international brand based in the Bristol City Centre area. They are recognised for their flexible & supportive culture and offer excellent training & development opportunities, both in the UK & potential abroad in the long-term.
The Finance Business Partner's core responsibilities are with the overseas operations and include, among others, the following:
- Delivering high quality monthly management information and analysis to support business leaders in decision making.
- Understanding and explaining the key business drivers and trends that will maximise profitability and cash generation.
- Interpreting data, both financial and non-financial and understanding the impact of these on the business.
- Reconciling key balance sheet accounts, liaising with the overseas entities to ensure that local statutory and UK books are reconciled and differences between both sets of books are explained.
- Supporting the annual audit process, liaising with the Group Financial Accountant to answer audit queries, mainly in the form of desktop analytical reviews.
- Leading and preparing the budgeting and forecasting in line with the Group timetable, with completion of reports and commentaries.
- Working with the whole Finance function to ensure their Business is aware of and consistently meets both regulatory requirements (UK and Local) and our internal risk management framework.
- Communicating financial policy, process, systems and controls to people outside the finance function and / or UK, providing training where necessary.
The ideal candidate:
- A qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Comfortable working with multiple currencies with a good understanding of accounting treatments, exchange risk and inter-company accounting.
- This role will require an awareness of methods other than UK GAAP (desirable)
- IT literate with good knowledge of current accounting system technology.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, mainly Excel, and comfortable diving through complex financial models.
- Builds effective relationships, and works collaboratively with internal customers.
- Flexible and organised, able to multitask and to prioritise.
- Self-starter, keen to take ownership, solve problems, learn and grow.
Competitive Basic + Package & Flexible working.
All interviews will be held via video platform (e.g Skype for Business/MS Teams)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's