£38000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits
20 days ago
This is a newly created role working for a large Public Sector organisation based in Cardiff
My client is a large, multi-functional public sector body based in Cardiff
Ths is an exciting time for a qualified accountant to be joining this multi-functional Public Sector body in Cardiff.
This Newly created role will report to the Head of Management Accounts and will act as a trusted advisor to a range of non finance stakeholders based across Wales.
Key duties will include;
- Deliver effective and efficient finance advice to Heads of Business/ Service on management, planning and allocation of resources by Funding Stream / Activity to Directorates and financial performance, aligning it to operational performance, identifying and recommending actions on areas of financial risk and efficiencies.
- Responsible for providing advice to Heads of Business on 5-year medium term plans (by Funding Stream / Activity), avoiding cross-subsidisation and taking account of upcoming changes, corporate priorities and unfunded pressures.
- Support Heads of Business and Service in the prioritisation and distribution of resources to deliver corporate objectives in their short-term business plans.
- Support the Head of Business/Service in the monitoring of its financial performance, aligning it to operational performance and identify areas of risk/opportunities and provide expert advice on decision making.
- Support Heads of Business in the interpretation of the re-forecast of the current year position and advise on the re-allocation of budgets in line with policies.
- Provide expert financial advice and guidance on technically complex areas such as workforce planning income, activities and funding streams and also external facing support to groups and Boards
- Advocate compliance with our Financial Scheme of Delegation, identifying and then either resolving or referring issues to the specialists for resolution.
To be considered for the role you will be a qualified Accountant and hold ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA qualifications.
You will have an excellent technical accounting background and will possess strong management accounting skills.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to influence budget holders across the organisation.
You will have good financial modelling skills.
A salary appointable on a range of £38,000 - £42,000
A Civil Service Pension
30 days annual leave + BH