Finance Business Partner
|Job Title:||Finance Business Partner|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Evans|
|Job Published:||May 05, 2020 17:36|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Business Partner to join a well established yet developing Finance Team within The West Midlands.
My client, is a Central Government department with very strong ties and affiliation to Local Authorities across the West Midlands, Worcestershire and Warwickshire.
The role will involve developing and maintaining the Finance Business Partner services to key business stakeholders. The business partner will work with the business to provide commercial and strategic decision support, acting as a trusted member of the business team to transform financial and non-financial information into insight that drives opportunities, manages risk and supports delivery of the strategic business plan.
- Lead a team of finance business analysts to provide an exceptional financial partnering service
- Understand the value drivers of the business
- Supports the development of the business area's plans and the organisations ongoing transformation, working collaboratively with the business and the Business Planning team
- Provide accurate and timely financial reporting and insight to support the business in making the right decisions and fulfil our statutory requirements
- Prepare and deliver robust budgets, challenging at regular reviews if we are off target and reforecasting as appropriate
- Challenging the status quo, ensuring processes and procedures are robust and commercial
- A proactive approach; anticipating situations
- Build an excellent working knowledge of the systems used by the team and business areas
- Establish, maintain and report on relevant and pertinent Finance KPIs
- Review audit recommendations and instigate improvements
The successful candidate will have a professional qualification in Finance (ACA, CIMA, ICAEW, CIPFA, ACCA) and have previous business partnering experience ideally within the public sector and Local/Central Government.
You will also have strong finance reporting knowledge along with best practice of internal processes. You will enjoy managing a team based in the office and remotely working from home.
This is very much a hands on role and will require you to be immersed in the day to day activities of the Finance team, reporting into the SMT.
Competitive Salary and Package
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Interim Finance Business Partner
£425 - 500 per day
Temporary Management Accountant/Finance Business Partner
Bradford, West Yorkshire
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£40000 - £44000 per annum