Finance Business Partner
|Job Title:||Finance Business Partner|
|Salary:||£36 - £60000.00 per annum + Bonus, pension, health, parking|
|Contact Name:||Charles Aldersey|
|Job Published:||February 28, 2020 10:59|
Finance Business Partner job for a growing Construction business in the Warrington area.
Hays have been appointed by a £400m+ business services company. The business has a number of key divisions and operate nationally. They have a central finance office which is responsible for all transactional accounting and then each division has it's own finance team.
This is a newly created role which will support the Divisional Finance Director. You will act as business partner to the management team across a national portfolio of contracts providing commercial and financial management advice. The role also has responsibility for effective contract administration, and to ensure contract terms are understood by the Account team, and delivery of financial performance and metrics are maximised.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure financial control and compliance across the relevant Account, Contract or Business Unit, and maintain complete integrity of the P&L, BS, reconciliations, journals, allocations etc.
- Manage the monthly billing of contracts in line with commercial terms and ensure accurate contract accounting whilst assuring compliance with contractual obligations and local requirements.
- Responsible for an in-depth knowledge of the terms and conditions of the contract to ensure that all cost elements are appropriately billed and accounted for.
- Continually review, maintain and improve working capital, with a focus on the optimisation of billing, overdue debt and work in progress.
- Perform business and contract evaluations to identify future opportunities for improvement and barriers to achieving financial objectives. Develop and monitor key financial metrics and targets for the team, to ensure performance is continually challenged and improved.
- Review overhead expenditure reports and allocations on a regular basis and escalate issues
- Direct the delivery of timely, accurate and user-friendly reporting, forecasting and planning (both formal and ad-hoc) to support internal business decisions and drive improved performance
- Provide monthly financial reporting, profitability analysis, commentary and variability analysis, to the agreed Integral deadlines, and ensure accurate financial results.
- Manage development of annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and regular financial outlooks including financial statistical data and KPIs.
- Ensure that contract managers and contract admin teams adhere to company policies and procedures, that processes operated are optimised, and that teams have a clear understanding of the relevant contractual terms applicable.
- Support the training and education of staff on Company financial systems
- Oversee contract changes, and review quality of client reporting and reconciliations
- Continually drive commercial management, contractual understanding and financial optimisation across the relevant contract, account or business unit.
- Work independently; taking day-to-day ownership of all financial and commercial aspects of the Account.
- Serve as a key member of both the Account leadership team, and within the Integral Finance team, ensuring collaboration is maintained across the business, and best practice is developed and shared.
- Ensure all new contract admin and finance staff are inducted and trained to the correct standards, and that existing teams are mentored and developed throughout the year. Lead by example to ensure performance standards are continually raised.
- A recognised Accounting qualification, and appropriate PQE.
- Good interpersonal skills, attention to detail, demonstrable experience in fostering team spirit and experience of a client centred organisation.
- Operational commercial experience, covering business partnering, financial management, reporting and governance.
- Flexibility to accommodate travel (up to c30%)
- Strong management accounting and financial analysis skills.
The successful candidate will join a rapidly growing business who hold their employees in high regard. They are true investors in people and aim to progress and develop all employees careers. The office environment is modern and they embrace flexible working practices where possible.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Finance Operations Manager
£50000 - £60000 per annum
Part-Time Finance Director
Barking and Dagenham, London
£90000.00 - £110000.00 per annum + Pro Rata 3 days + bens
Finance Manager (facilities)
£400.00 - £500.00 per day
£40000 - £45000 per annum
£48k per year