£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
10 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
A permanent Finance Business Partner job paying £40-45k for a leading organisation based in Worcester.
£40,000-45,000 per annum
Mon-Fri (40 hours per week flexibility around start/finish times)
Your new company
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified Accountant to join one of the UK's leading players in the logistics market.
Working specifically at one of their key sites in Worcester, this dynamic and rapidly expanding multi-million pound turnover business has experienced impressive growth and now requires the support of a strategic and forward-thinking Finance Business Partner on a permanent basis.
Your new role
Reporting into a Head of FP&A offsite, you will support the Finance and Operational teams in the financial reporting and management of a fast paced, client facing business. Partnering at a senior level with Business Heads, you will constantly challenge the status quo and have an impact on the decision-making process in order to support and influence the planned growth of the company.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assist the Head of FP&A and business partner with General Managers/Department Heads to produce annual financial budgets, regular forecasting and P&L
- Perform financial analysis leading to successful implementation of cost reduction initiatives
- Regular review and challenge of budget assumptions
- Understand, challenge and improve current operational and financial processes/procedures
- Assist in the production of the weekly flash results/reports
- Manage and co-ordinate the weekly reporting process from sites for flash results
- Assist in standardising and improving the weekly flash reporting process
- Support with the measurement and development of KPIs
- Perform trend and variance analysis on key financial results preparing explanations and identifying areas for cost savings
- Assist the Management Accounts team to identify month end adjustments required and to provide feedback into the flash model
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Excellent business and commercial acumen
- Background working in medium to large businesses
- Business partnering skills and the ability to deal with and influence Senior Management
- Good experience of improving and streamlining processes
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Acute attention to detail and capable of working to tight reporting deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and able to work with/manipulate large amounts of data
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g. SumIfs, VLookUps, Pivot Tables, IndexMatch etc.)
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and the opportunity of working for a reputable company that is well-respected on a national scale. Alongside this, you will receive numerous additional benefits including 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), attractive pension scheme, high street retailer discounts, private medical insurance, free onsite parking and access to an employee portal which offers further perks such as childcare vouchers and gym discounts.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.