Finance Business Partner
|Job Title:||Finance Business Partner|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jack Curtis|
|Job Published:||November 04, 2019 16:58|
Finance Business Partner - Sheffield - Up to £70k + fantastic benefits
Your new company are a dominant force in their sector, this company are highly successful, and can offer significant career progression opportunities for candidates with the right mix of operational experience and leadership capability.
Your new role will lead the execution and delivery of all financial analysis, forecasting and reporting activities within a specified region or division. The role will be a key member of the team, working closely with the Regional Director, ensuring that commercial / operational and financial targets are achieved in order to deliver the overall Budget and strategic plans.
You will be engaging with and influencing senior managers to achieve strong financial assurance, drive appropriate project financial decisions and challenge overall performance to improve results. The key relationships will be at the Senior Manager and Director level, but the role holder must be comfortable and competent to engage at a senior level (Managing Director). Liaison with stakeholders across the business will be essential, including product teams, Strategy, Risk, Marketing and Communications.
Your role will include:
- Develop and maintain accurate knowledge and understanding of the portfolios contained within the Programme
- Business Partnering a. To act as a key interface between Finance and the Programme product teams based in Sheffield and London
- Sign off and supply correct information for internal and external publication, for which accuracy and auditability are key
- Operate a Finance onboarding process for new delivery partners to ensure that adequate data provision is in place and operational records are kept
- Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting a. Agreement of cash flow forecasts and modelling assumptions with business owners of the businesses products, for submission to the Financial Planning function for use in production of the Strategic Plan
- Translating Year 1 of the Strategic Plan into detailed, phased budgets and performance targets for monthly tracking
- Performance management a. Analysis of variances and production, in conjunction with the product owners outside Finance, of recommendations for management actions in response to variances and their causes.
- Agreeing with product owners the monthly status of each programme against its targets for the year and obtaining commentary to explain variances and any remedial actions to be taken.
- Provide advice and insight to the Financial Planning function in support of that function's efforts to prepare business cases for new programmes
- Understand the impact of variances on the businesses financial position in its management accounts as well as on a full statutory basis
- Production of regular management information for Board, Senior Management Team and for external representatives of Government Departments
- Production of ad hoc information and analysis
What you'll need to succeed in the role involves building processes, designing MI and investigating. It is a role requiring an individual who can apply a fundamental understanding of finance to a diverse range of financial products, which receive relatively complex accounting treatments.
The role is not routine, and it is essential that the role holder be
* Fully qualified accountant (e.g. CIMA, ICAEW)
* Experience of budgeting
* Experience of performance management
What you'll get in return
In return you will get a desirable salary of £60,000 to £70,000 + market leading benefits and the chance to further your career with a reputable and growing organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's