Finance Business Partner
|Job Title:||Finance Business Partner|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + pension|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Wilson|
|Job Published:||August 19, 2019 18:32|
To provide best in class financial and commercial business partnering for the directorates.
Your new company
My client is a department of the University of Oxford and it is their mission to further the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
Your new role
1. Monitor and evaluate the performance of the directorate(s), providing analysis and insights, ensuring corrective actions are implemented.
2. Ensure the directorate(s) perform within an effective financial operating environment; ensuring accounting records, balance sheet management and an effective year end process are in place.
3. Manage and maintain a robust control environment for the directorate(s), focusing on strategic risks, internal controls, audit points and governance levels as defined by the delegated levels of authority.
4. Manage the budget and five year planning process for the directorate(s), working closely with the entity management teams. Involves a high level of negotiation, collaboration and influencing alongside key stakeholders to deliver a robust and defensible plan.
5. Manage a rolling forecast for the directorate(s), investigating variances to the plan, and identifying opportunities and threats in order to make recommendations to mitigate risk and optimise performance (e.g. investment and cost saving plans).
6. Build and evaluate business cases for new products and initiatives, assessing risk and return against relevant investment metrics. Advise senior management in order to support decision making on strategic initiatives.
7. Define and deliver regular reports and analysis, detailing performance across a range of key metrics to provide insight into key business decisions. This includes KPIs to aid strategic decision making, and interpreting and communicating financial data to key stakeholders.
8. Take the commercial lead on projects and opportunities as required and requested. Share information and evaluate business models, processes and margins to help drive optimum performance for the business.
9. Manage staff as appropriate to ensure that they are fully effective and motivated in their role to provide timely and accurate information and analysis to the directorate.
10. Approach the role with a positive, collaborative and solutions focused intent and attitude.
What you'll need to succeed
- CIMA / ACCA / ACA Qualified Accountant with extensive experience in both a commercial and financial environment
- Confident, persuasive and collaborative communicator with people of all levels, with the ability to negotiate and influence
- Ability to present complex information coherently to all audiences
- Systems experience of MS Office (including advanced Excel), SAP (or equivalent ERP) and management information systems
- Discrete and trustworthy
What you'll get in return
An attractive salary package and generous pension scheme
Flexible working patterns
Subsidised coffee shop and restaurant
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Finance / Business Analyst
Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Finance Manager - Growing Business
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Senior Commercial Finance Analyst
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus & Bens
Marketing Finance Manager
£60000 - £70000 per annum + £6k Car & 20% Bonus