Finance Business Partner
|Job Title:||Finance Business Partner|
|Salary:||71000 - 103000|
|Reference:||FBP - 001|
|Contact Name:||Laura Beamont-Scott|
|Job Published:||July 08, 2019 21:26|
Who are we?
IRIS Software Group is the UK's largest provider of business-critical software and services to the UK accountancy and payroll sectors. Our solutions are delivered as a choice of integrated on-premise software and cloud-based applications. We serve over 21,000 Accountancy Practices and more than 80,000 SMEs, corporates, and payroll bureaus across a wide range of industry sectors.
This newly created position will be responsible for finance business partnering and support for key strategic initiatives for the Group, including modelling, creation of business cases to support investments, and tracking and measuring costs and expected benefits.
The IRIS Group has kicked off a programme of strategic change initiatives – Full Potential Planning (FPP). This programme covers 7 key themes, with around 21 project initiatives spanning the entire Group’s operations. Each initiative is led by different parts of the business, and this role will be key to ensuring that there is sufficient finance support and governance around the programme.
Key to the success of the role will be:
- Working with the executive leadership team to create financial business cases for each of the initiatives and sub-projects
- Giving financial and commercial support to help shape the direction and delivery of the initiatives
- Creating measurable metrics and KPIs to enable success to be tracked (financial or otherwise)
- Owning the overall P&L for the FPP project, from a perspective of both tracking and forecasting future costs and benefits at a detailed level.
The ideal candidate will hold an ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification, and may come from a Big Four background. They will have held senior business partnering and commercial roles within a growing software business, with proven success of navigating a complex business with multiple senior stakeholders. They will have also had exposure to integration activities, and standardisation of processes and systems, including ideally ERP or CRM roll outs. The candidate will be flexible in approach and focussed on outcomes, with a high degree of attention to detail and as working as part of a close-knit team.
- Key finance business partner for the FPP Programme, helping to define and deliver strategic initiatives which will grow the size and profitability of the business
- Managing monthly financial close, forecasting and reporting for the FPP initiatives, including for Group consolidated Board and other external reporting
- Creation of financial business cases to support investments, ensuring measurable metrics and KPIs are put in place to track success
- Work closely with the other finance partners to ensure alignment of strategic objectives with BAU activities
- Ad hoc project work and analysis, as required by the business
- Finance and commercial business partnering
- Experience in Software or relevant industry
- Excellent Analytical and Reporting skillsRoll out or migration to new systems (incl. ERP, CRM, BI)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's