Finance Business Analyst
|Job Title:||Finance Business Analyst|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Catherine Hill|
|Job Published:||May 03, 2019 11:35|
Finance Business Analyst required for a Charity in Leeds
Your new company
An expanding Charity seek to appoint an experienced Finance Business Analyst to join their successful team.
Your new role
The purpose of this role is to provide a business analyst service to the charity, working as a member of the Finance Team alongside the Project Management Office and acting as a liaison between the finance function, operational business and project management function to help deliver effective and efficient change.
Bringing finance change and business analysis experience, with management information reporting and change experience to:
- Develop, build, document, embed and continually enhance the Financial Control Framework, providing appropriate financial control for the organisation.
- Work with key stakeholders to upskill and develop knowledge and ways of working such that the Financial Control Framework is accurately adhered to.
- Work with the Finance Team, Business Managers and the Project Portfolio Management Office to ensure all outputs provided to them are in line with financial requirements.
- Ensure the production of cost and benefits information is completed as part of the documented processes, and can support robust, evidence-based decision making.
- Support the creation of high-quality Business Cases.
- Provide independent Financial assurance ensuring compliance with Financial Control processes and policies.
- Design and deliver project level financial reporting, including periodic performance reporting, forecasting and budgeting.
- Support the Finance Function to continuously improve its service provision, with a focus on business partnering and improving delivery to Service Users.
What you'll need to succeed
- ACCA or CIMA qualified.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent IT capability, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Experience of working within a Project/Programme/Portfolio environment with an understanding of Project Management principles.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex financial matters in simple terms.
- Business process mapping expertise supported by a practical knowledge of data analysis using industry-standard tools and methodologies.
- The ability, confidence and flexibility to prioritise and drive improvement in a rapidly growing and changing organisation.
- Ability to work and manage in a pressurised environment with competing priorities; a self-starter, pro-active with initiative, taking ownership and responsibility for own work.
- A proven ability to influence and negotiate with senior stakeholders from a wide range of areas;
- Commercially and financially aware - able to make sound decisions and recommendations based on a positive financial outcome; to be able to see the bigger organisational financial picture.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills for a project-based organisation.
- Experienced manager - confidently able to take the lead when appropriate and supervise and manage staff as appropriate.
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a very successful charity within a varied and interesting role, paying a competitive salary and benefit package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Finance Business Partner - Development
£45000 - £50000 per annum + flexible working, working from home
Management Accountant & Finance Business Partner
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + benefits
South West London, London
£40000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits
£45000 - £52000 per annum