£44k - 46k per year
11 days ago
Interested in a finance focused role which offers management of other back office functions? Could you lead on budgeting, forecasting and present reports at finance committee meetings? Seeking a role with flexibility and generous holiday allowance? If yes, please read on!
Robertson Bell are assisting this public sector organisation whilst they recruit for a permanent Finance and Business Manager. Based in Guildford this role will run the back-office function and act as a vital part of the leadership team. You will provide oversight of finance, HR, health and safety, IT, administration and property management. Duties will include:
- Act as a financial consultant to internal and external stakeholders, offering vital budgeting advice and support.
- Assist the leadership team with creating strategies and implementing these.
- Produce a coherent annual budget which will include forecast updates, commentary, and analysis.
- Attend regular finance committee meetings, present the management accounts and answer finance related queries.
- Maintain the fixed asset register and produce quarterly VAT returns.
- Carry out regular reviews and analysis of the weekly and monthly payroll.
- Assist with tendering processes, leading on proposals and bids ensuring value for money.
- Supervise the collection of income.
- Oversee systems, suggesting improvements and development where necessary.
- Lead the admin team through direct management of the Office Manager.
This Finance and Business Manager role offers flexible working around school term time, a generous pension package and a great career opportunity for someone to broaden their finance and resources experience. You will report into a supportive and knowledgeable head Teacher and would be based officially out of their Guildford academy.
This successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within a school environment.
- Previously led on budgets and forecasting.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Property management and HR knowledge.
- A CCAB finance qualification or be qualified by experience.
If interested, please do not delay in applying as CV’s will be reviewed daily.