Finance Analyst - Financial Control
|Job Title:||Finance Analyst - Financial Control|
|Salary:||£32000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + Bonus, free parking, package|
|Start Date:||ASAP. Happy to wait for notice|
|Contact Name:||Arthur Blyth|
|Job Published:||November 25, 2019 16:22|
Financial Analyst - Financial Control - Chesterfield - up to £40,000 depending on experience + bonus
Your new company
A global manufacturer of specialist products and engineering company, a market leader in their field, are seeking to appoint you to a Finance Analyst role within their financial control team.
Based in Chesterfield, this organisation boasts an impressive product portfolio, and as part of a wider group operation also offer strong remuneration packages and opportunities to progress internally.
Your new role
The main purpose of Financial Controls Analyst role is to support the integrity of the controls environment within the business, ensuring that any weaknesses are identified, working proactively with the business to ensure that process improvements are identified and developed.
You will support and embed SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) compliance across the organisation working with external and internal key stakeholders to meet programme requirements.
- Own the framework of internal controls for the BU, including the reporting to Group, liaison with the business process owners to ensure application and recommend improvements
- Deliver the annual SOX compliance programme, including regular testing, remediation of issues and related reporting requirements.
- Deliver process reviews to make improvement recommendations and see them through to sustainable implementation
- Conduct investigations and reporting on instances of control failure, developing process improvements and controls to limit future instances or impact.
- Monitoring specified business controls, including those performed by outsourcing partner.
- Working, as required, on "core" risk and controls work, including Asset Verification, SAO administration, controls attestation for the Group, GAP audit work to ensure that the reported savings are accurate and evidenced.
- To support the wider team on other elements of financial control and to 'cross skill' to provide cover and support where required.
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally be a qualified/part qualified accountant or hold a recognised audit qualification.
You will ideally have the following Key Skills:
- SOX Compliance (experience desirable but not essential)
- Strong process mindset
- Internal audit experience an advantage
- Initiative and proactivity
- Problem solving
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and listening)
- Analytical skills
- Able to identify and resolve problems
- Proven ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Understanding how to implement business process improvement
You will also ideally have the following traits & behaviours:
- Change Leadership
- Personal development
- Functional & Technical Competence
- Process, Project & Risk Management
- Communication & Collaboration
What you'll get in return
You will receive a negotiable salary depending on experience, ranging between £32,000 to £40,000 per annum.
Alongside this, your new employer offers a competitive package including matched pension scheme, free parking, bonus c.8%.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Finance Business Analyst
Crawley, West Sussex
£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + pension, WFH
Commercial finance analyst
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Senior Commercial Finance Analyst
£50000 - £55000 per annum
£50000 - £55000 per annum + car allowance & bonus
Houghton Le Spring, Tyne and Wear