£42000.00 - £46000.00 per annum + LGPS, Flexible working
12 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Hays are delighted to be working with Leics County Council to appoint a Finance Analyst.
Hays Senior Finance are delighted to be working in partnership with Leicestershire County Council to appoint a Financial Analyst.
Leicestershire County Council is one of the best performing councils in the country. They have achieved several decades of high performances, with their success recognised by Government, industry awards and their residents.
The Financial Analyst will operate as part of the Finance Business Partner Team to develop and improve the provision of financial advice, analysis and information to the service department in order to support effective strategic decision making and delivering the medium-term financial strategy.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include;
- Provision of strategic advice and guidance to the Senior Leadership team to support decision making, challenging and influencing management to ensure the best outcome is obtained for the Council
- Support the creation and delivery of the Council's Medium-Term Financial Strategy and corporate change agenda and help to deliver efficient and effective services
- Assist with the provision of strategic advice and guidance to elected Members and the Department Management Team.
- Understand and explain the strategic implications of detailed financial information for the Council and partnerships/other relevant bodies and its links to the organisations' operations.
- Support the development of management reports and the related systems to improve the links between financial information, operational activity and outcomes.
The ideal candidate will be a strong, confident communicator with excellent business partnering and analysis experience. With a professional qualification, the candidate will also have gained exposure to a wide range of systems.
Although working in a Local Government environment would be beneficial, it is not essential for this position and attention will be given to those candidates who have worked in a similar role in a large complex organisation.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an attractive salary (£42,000 - £46,000) and attractive benefits package including access to the Local Government Pension Scheme. We are seeking to make a swift appointment so please submit applications as soon as possible.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.