|Job Title:||Finance Analyst|
|Job Published:||July 20, 2020 16:58|
Vistra is looking to recruit a Finance Analyst to join their team – this is a Global role, and a brand-new role into the team that is expanding rapidly to support our growing business.
The ideal candidate would have trained in an accountancy practice, with an aptitude and desire to analyse financial data to identify risks, opportunities and trends, to work with senior stakeholders and with the wider finance regional team, and overseas colleagues i.e. Asia. You’ll have excellent accounting principles skills with a commercial mindset, be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified, with Advance Microsoft office skills, and a natural flair in dealing with senior stakeholders!
This is a key role in providing FP&A support to global Group functions: Technology, Procurement, Marketing and Strategy. Budgeting and forecasting as well as turning financial data into analysis that helps support decision making.
- Prepare and analyse financial data to identify risks, opportunities and trends, providing senior finance and non-finance leads with input that will help drive decision making.
- Synthesize “big data” from various sources – analyze and evaluate highly complex financial data; interpret data for the purpose of determining financial performance and financial trends. Design and build reports and then outsource to shared service centre in Mumbai where possible.
- Contribute to special finance projects and provide ad hoc analysis as needed for the CIO/CSSO/CFO
- Support budgeting, financial forecasting and variance analysis across the organization
- Lead the month end close process for the Strategy and Services and Group Marketing team; partner with the global accounting team
- Support monthly financial performance reporting and communications, including variance analysis, to business leaders
- Work with senior management to develop ad hoc financial models and complex analysis including business case development
- Help develop new processes and new reports to deliver timely, accurate, actionable financial information
- Support the company’s executive team by preparing financial presentations, new business initiatives and ad hoc projects
- Effective business partner to the Technology, Procurement and Strategy & Services team
Experience, Qualifications, skills:
- 1 year working in a financial planning and analyses role preferred but not essential
- An Accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Able to communicate insight and ideas to non-finance colleagues using “big data”
- Excellent attention detail
- Solid understanding of accounting principles with a commercial mindset required
- Super-user MS Office skills (Excel – example: array functions, Power Point)
- Experience with data visualization tools e.g. Power BI an advantage
- Critical thinking and problem-solving ability, matched with a proactive can-do attitude
- Experience working in a matrix structure / fast-paced international environment a plus
- Client focused approach to work
- Solid work ethic and ability to work independently as well as within a team setting
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Corporate Finance Analyst
City of London, London
£55000 - £60000 per annum
£55000 - £65000 per annum + bonus and benefits
Business Analyst, Finance (6-month contract)
0 - 0
Group Financial Accountant
Group Financial Accountant