Leeds, West Yorkshire
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
11 days ago
The External Reporting Manager is responsible for managing and delivering the half and year end audited financial statements for this well known group, and takes ownership of managing the external audit relationship.
A leading Leeds based organisation.
The External Reporting Manager is responsible for:
- Sourcing, analysing and consolidating financial information to the relevant senior management and governance bodies.
- Developing key relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Own key deliverables, applying specialist expertise to deliver an efficient and effective approach with strong controls and resilient processes. Activities include but not limited to:
- External financial reporting.
- Liaison with external auditors and preparation for audit committee papers.
- Finance controls and structured reporting processes including maintenance of appropriate governance
- Managing the financial accounting team in key periods half year and year end to ensure key deadlines are met
- Reviewing and interpreting data to ensure reporting requirements are met and delivered accurately and on a timely basis
- Managing the development and maintenance of effective and efficient processes and systems
- Leading and developing a team of Assistant Accountants.
To be successful in the role of External Reporting Manager, you must be/have:
* A recognised accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) or equivalent
* Deep understanding of IFRS and companies act requirements.
* Strong external reporting experience, preferably gained from working in a large services organisation.
* Experience of leading the audit process and preferably experience of writing technical audit papers.
* Ideally experience in both practice and industry environments.
* Rigorous, methodical and well organised with excellent attention to detail and ability to deliver to deadlines.
* Strong commercial acumen and have an insight of the external market.
* Good people leadership skills, with the ability to develop and inspire your team.
* Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to converse effectively with senior stakeholders.
- c£55,000 salary plus benefits
- 12 to 18 month fixed term contract
- Mix of working from home and some travel to the Leeds office as required.
- Genuinely flexible approach to working hours.
- Potential for longer term or permanent for the right candidate.