Part-time volunteering role
|Job Title:||Part-time volunteering role|
|Location:||City of London|
|Salary:||£1500 - £2500 depending on experience and number of events|
|Job Published:||January 07, 2020 10:10|
We are looking for a specialist who would be interested in programming the events and newsletter content for our Exporting Community.
The role is project based and is likely to take between 3 to 10 days a year (depending on the number of articles that the candidate wishes to write themselves or to commission from third parties). The role can be performed at home on a flexible basis. The resources of ICAEW’s Library and Information Services would be made available to the specialist to enable them to access periodicals and journals as required, to help the specialist to stay abreast of technical, market and case developments.
The Exporting Community offers its members a full programme of event and newsletter content. Events include one event and two one-hour webinars. Newsletters are provided on a quarterly basis, each containing a minimum of four articles of between 500 to 1000 words in length. The role of the specialist would be to:
- Programme the events, ensuring that each event has a theme and a full agenda of sessions and speakers. The specialist would be expected to use their network and to finalise content and to identify speakers, or to provide a profile of the type of presenter required and to work with ICAEW to source such a candidate. The specialist would also be required to help to source replacement speakers at short notice where this is required;
- Brief presenters by participating in a number of calls ahead of all events and webinars taking place;
- Provide content overviews for each of the newsletters, either providing fully written articles and/or topic suggestions for articles which would then be commissioned by ICAEW from a third party. (Please note that additional fees will be paid to the specialist for each fully written article that they provide).
The specialist would be expected to have a minimum of 6 years’ experience working in this sector. Although the candidate may have specialised in a certain sector, they must be able to programme content which would appeal to both generalist and specialist members of the Community.
The specialist needs to have professional indemnity insurance cover up to the value of two million pounds sterling (£2,000,000).
The candidate would be expected to attend (either in person or by telephone) a 1hr planning meeting with ICAEW staff at the start of the engagement. They would also be asked to attend meetings and conference calls (three times a year) to present their content proposals. Attendance would also be required at the events which the specialist has programmed. The candidate would be expected to respond to emails and ad hoc phone calls on a timely basis.
- A broad overview of the events being planned (themes, key sessions, etc.) would be required for presentation and discussion with the Communities team.
- Detailed programmes for each event (including timings and a full agenda of speakers) would be required at least 5 months before the conference takes place and 3 months for the webinars.
- Contribute to the marketing plan for each event (what are the reasons to attend, what are the key selling points, who is the target audience, etc.) and review of the final marketing email.
- Newsletter content would need to be provided before the content deadline. Content overviews for any articles which require commissioning from third parties would be required six weeks before the content deadline.
- Up to 2 webinars, 2 seminars and 4 newsletters per year.
Fees and expenses
Fees are benchmarked to market day rates. For programming one year of event and newsletter content, total fees are expected to range from £1,500 to £2,500 depending on experience and number of events in the annual calendar. This excludes the provision of fully written newsletter articles, for which additional fees of up to £250 per article will be paid. 50% of the annual fees will be paid upon delivery of the final events programme and 50% will be paid after the events have taken place. Travel expenses to meetings and events would be paid by ICAEW.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Interim Head of Business Intelligence
£280 - £320 per day
Interim Finance Business Partner
£350 - £400 per day
Interim Systems Accountant
£45000 - £50000 per annum
£20 - £55000.00 per annum + excellent benefits