Experienced Forensics Auditor with Audit background
|Job Title:||Experienced Forensics Auditor with Audit background|
|Contact Name:||Andrianos Karagiannis|
|Job Published:||February 22, 2021 09:54|
Despite the best efforts of regulators, internal controls and risk departments, corruption and corporate fraud continue to impact businesses and governments across the globe. From asset misappropriation to financial statement fraud, no entity is immune. Society’s growing expectations in relation to Integrity, coupled with the increased transparency afforded by technology, pose an ever-changing landscape to all business leaders. When facing acts of fraud, government regulatory inquiries, major litigation or transactional disputes, clients know that we have the investigative experience they need, when they need it, where they need it.
Our Forensic & Integrity Services (Forensics) team is growing and as an experienced Forensic Auditor you will play a key role in that growth. Working with clients across all industries, you will develop innovative recommendations to some of the most complex fraud and corruption issues around. Since we work with such a diverse portfolio of clients across industries and geographies, you can expect to take on a wide range of prevention and detection projects, making this a great place to develop your skills and business knowledge. Sounds interesting?
Your key responsibilities
As all clients have unique issues, it is no exaggeration to say you will never be doing the same type of client engagement for too long. More specifically, you will be assigned to support both our clients and our team by:
- Exercising your accounting skills and expertise in conducting detailed corporate financial statement investigations
- Exercising your professional judgement in analyzing the data received by our clients’ and identifying accounting related and business driven red flags
- Preparing concrete and detailed reports which will present the findings of our work and will provide clear benefit to our clients in English and Greek language
- Undertaking a variety of assurance and audit related projects based on specific law and regulatory requirements
- Performing as a project leader by coaching other team members and providing detailed review of the work performed
- Demonstrating accountability of the delivered work products
- Demonstrating integrity, professionalism and quality at all aspects of our working life
On top of that, you will have the chance to work with our clients’ legal counsel, internal audit and compliance departments investigating complex issues and developing practical solutions that address operational challenges. You will also support our clients to proactively monitor and address important risks within their businesses. It is all about using and developing your technical skills to creatively assess and resolve our clients’ needs from the front lines, producing robust deliverables which contribute to Building a Better Working World.
Skills and attributes for success
- Fostering an efficient, innovative and team-oriented working environment by maintaining cooperative relationships that lead to open communications and sharing of information
- Demonstrating positive attitude, professionalism, teamwork competences, project management skills and high level of self-motivation and desire to exceed expectations
- Illustrating critical thinking and ability to work in a multi-tasking and results-oriented working environment with keen attention to high quality and details
- Using technology to continually enhance service delivery
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Up to 5-6 years of relevant Audit working experience in one of the big audit or mid-tier firms with a proven track record of outstanding performance
- A professional accountancy qualification (CA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent)
- Excellent academic background including a bachelor and/or master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or other appropriate academic major
- Substantial knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Greek and English
- Experience in understanding, digesting, explaining, analyzing company accounts and financial information, processes, policies and procedures
- A curious, inquisitive mindset and enthusiasm for problem-solving
- Confidence to support clients in situations with significant ambiguity and uncertainty
- Knowledge on the fields of Investigations & Compliance
- Enthusiasm for working across borders in an open and multi-cultural environment and flexibility to travel in accordance with client and other job requirements both locally and internationally (travelling is subject to Covid-19 limitations)
Ideally you will also have
- Proficiency with other than English foreign languages
- CFE/ACAMS/CIA qualification
What we look for
We are interested in highly motivated candidates with a creative vision and the confidence to make it happen; candidates who can integrate with and influence clients from a varying range of organizations, as part of a diverse and highly driven team. If you are looking to develop your career within a truly dynamic team, where you will make a measurable difference across some of the most prestigious businesses around, this role is for you.
Working location: Athens
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our rewards package includes a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, we will be happy to hear from you.
Join us in building a better working world.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Tax Accountant
£65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
Corporate Development Analyst
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
£50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits
The Chief Finance Officer (CFO) Group
40000 - 50000