Day rate for each session marked
about 2 months ago
ICAEW is recruiting new markers for their Examinations of Experience marking team. Our Examinations of Experience includes two apprenticeship exams and our Pathways to examination, as explained below.
Apprenticeship End Point Examinations
ICAEW is an approved end-point assessment organisation for two apprenticeships – the Level 4 Accounting Technician, which is aligned to our CFAB qualification, and the Level 7 Accountancy Professional apprenticeship, which is aligned to the ACA.
We are recruiting markers for the competency-based assessments which form part of the end-point assessment for these apprenticeships. For more information, visit: https://careers.icaew.com/find-your-route/icaew-apprenticeships
Pathways to Membership
The Pathways to Membership scheme allows fully qualified members from certain professional bodies to apply for ICAEW membership based on their experience. Please follow the link below for more information.
Examinations of experience markers will:
- Be a Professional Accountant and member of one of the following accountancy bodies ICAEW, AAT, ACCA, ICAS, CIOT, or equivalent and must:
- Have up-to-date technical knowledge through experience, teaching and/or marking.
- Be CPD compliant.
- Have a minimum of 5 years recent experience of working in a professional services setting.
- Be able to mark at least one session a year, which will include attending a training session.
- Be able to follow a strict marking timetable.
- Not be involved in training Level 4 and Level 7 Accounting Apprentices for the Portfolio and Reflective Statement / Project Report.
- Have access to, and ability to use a PC/laptop, the Internet and Microsoft Office in the security of your own home. From November markers will be expected to mark papers online. For PC specifications please contact Holly.Taylor@icaew.com.
A marker selection day will be held on Saturday 6 June 2020 at a venue in Milton Keynes. If you meet the above criteria and are interested in becoming an Examinations of Experience marker, please upload your CV and a covering note describing why you are interested to Holly.Taylor@icaew.com by Monday 11 May 2020. We will invite a shortlist of candidates to the selection day, and will let you know if you have been shortlisted by Monday 18 May 2020.
The selection day will involve training and marking of a past script, one on the day and one at home. The examiners will then consider your work, and may invite you to join the marking team. Expenses will be paid for attending the selection day. If you become a member of the marking team you will get paid a day rate for each session that you mark for.
Using your personal information
The protection of personal privacy is an important concern to ICAEW. Any personal data collected will be treated in accordance with current data protection legislation.
The above information will be used to include you in the selection process for taking part in Examinations of Experience marking. This information may be shared with other members of ICAEW staff and relevant examiners or moderators of our exams
For more information about our data protection policy please go to icaew.com/dataprotection