European VAT Technical Manager
|Job Title:||European VAT Technical Manager|
|Salary:||Up to £65500.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Matthew Phipps|
|Job Published:||May 21, 2019 15:52|
Brilliant technical European VAT Manager opportunity in East Berkshire for an industry leading name
Your new company
is an industry leading automotive company with a global presence. At the forefront of the automotive manufacturing industry, your new company are offering a fantastic level of brand recognition for your next role.
Your new role
- Provide UK and European VAT advice to the business
- Take ownership of the process for meeting the compliance obligations for all VAT, Intrastat, European Sales List, Local Listings and annual reporting obligations for all branches including identifying and delivering improvements.
- Take ownership of the review and compliance management of the SAO Group for 8 UK entities
- Manage and develop key relationships with internal and external stakeholders and provide expert advice to the business.
- Effectively use advisors where appropriate
- Create training to develop Tax Analysts and the SSC VAT Team.
- Manage the process of Pan-E VAT audits
- Actively take part in projects for new business and new legal obligation change
- Provision of VAT advice internally, externally and to the business in Europe (in particular HME and its branches).
- Preparation, reconciliation, analysis and management of issues arising for all returns and adapt as required to meet changing needs (18 Branches - UK Head Office).
- Review the UK and branch returns and deadlines to ensure compliance and risk management for timely and accurate reporting of all VAT, Intrastat, Sales Listing and other VAT related local and annual returns.
- Manage tax audits to promptly and effectively respond to requests and take necessary mitigating actions where appropriate.
- Provide analysis for business change projects.
- Identify VAT risks and maximise planning opportunities. Supporting business units in managing these risks and implementing any relevant planning opportunities. Plan in countermeasures and propose where needed
What you'll need to succeed
You will need the following:
- Previous in-house VAT manager experience, looking for a step up
- Cross-border VAT knowledge
- A strong level of business partnering ability, through exceptional communication skills across all levels of the business
- Ambition to take full ownership of the role and play an imperative role in the indirect tax function
What you'll get in return
You should expect to receive competitive benefits, such as a car scheme, competitive pension, flexi-time and on-site parking. Above all else, the opportunity to work for a leading automotive brand and become involved in shaping the VAT strategy for the UK & Europe.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's