European Tax Manager
|Job Title:||European Tax Manager|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Contact Name:||Alex Stirling|
|Job Published:||February 27, 2020 16:59|
Global law firm looking for a European Tax Manager.Based in the City you will have Partnership Tax experience
Your new role
I'm currently working with a global law firm that is looking to recruit a Tax Manager to run the European Tax Affairs of the Group.
Reporting locally to the Group FD but with a strong reporting line into the Director of Tax based in the US this position will have significant involvement in the research, planning, and implementation of European tax projects as well as reviewing and strategizing on European tax matters and downstream implications to the Firm.
It is likely that the successful individual will have at least seven years' experience in partnership tax, VAT and income tax and can oversee the operational tax aspects of their European offices. There will be travel required to the European offices and candidates must have experience working in a fast paced law firm or professional services environment.
This individual will work with both internal and external parties and must be able to handle multiple projects concurrently.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain expertise of European and Cross Border tax regulations and requirements, communicate the impact of new developments, and make appropriate recommendations for action.
- Closely collaborate and serve as a trusted business partner on European tax matters with the Firmwide Tax function.
- Prepare and review of tax returns and payments for the Firm's European offices, including the monitoring of deadlines.
- Collaborate with other members of the tax department in the preparation and review of US tax returns as it relates to European tax implications.
- Ensure all VAT regulations are adhered to for income and expenses; confirm quarterly VAT returns are compiled in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist with implementation of European tax planning opportunities, process efficiencies and quality improvements.
- Assist in gathering information necessary to support inquiries and audits from various taxing authorities.
- Develop and maintain European tax books and records in collaboration with the Firmwide Tax function.
- Other related duties and projects as required.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful individual is likely to have the following attributes:
- Significant experience and knowledge of European and Cross Border tax matters is required.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in a fast-paced, challenging professional services environment. Experience in a large global law firm is preferred.
- A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field is required; ACCA certification is desired.
- Demonstrated high level of diplomacy, confidentiality, and excellent judgement in navigating sensitive issues; influential with the ability to lead and engage teams with the objective of distinctive client services.
- The candidate should be able to facilitate discussions to enable people to collaborate with each other independently as well as promote collaboration across multiple parties.
- The candidate needs to be a critical thinker who possesses a high level of intellectual curiosity and the ability to identify unique solutions to complex issues, while at the same time is comfortable navigating the details involved with the tax function and its responsibilities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.