|Job Title:||European Accountant|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Owen Philp|
|Job Published:||November 14, 2019 15:24|
A permanent European Accountant job paying £30-35k for a leading organisation based in Malvern.
£30,000-35,000 per annum
Mon-Fri (9-5) - flexibility required
Your new company
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a hugely successful and growing international business based in Malvern as a European Accountant on a permanent basis.
Our client is a world leader in its field with multiple manufacturing sites in both the UK and mainland Europe and, having recently been acquired by a large US company, is going from strength to strength.
Your new role
Reporting into the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for producing management accounts for two key European sites whilst providing up-to-date financial information to the UK, US and European entities.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with the production of annual budgets and collate a pack for Board approval
- Production of monthly management accounts, annual accounts and any other ad hoc financially related information
- Ensure the general ledger, intercompany reconciliations, VAT returns, Intrastats, stock, fixed assets and cash management are accurate and up-to-date
- Provide guidance and support to the transactional finance team including carrying out training and development where required
- Produce reports on any of the tasks set for the UK, US or European finance teams
- Prepare cash flow projections for the European companies
- Supervise the German and French purchase ledger, sales ledger and credit control operations
- Reconciliation of all cash received and paid onto the ERP system
- Propose potential improvements and report on related costs and benefits
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified or part-qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) - QBE will also be considered
- Previous experience in a similar management accounting role
- Comfortable working in a busy finance environment
- Able to work well under pressure and prioritise workloads to meet tight deadlines
- Adaptive to change with regards to the role and the wider business
- Capable of working on own initiative
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Excel and accounting packages
- Manufacturing experience (desirable)
- French & German language skills (desirable)
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and the chance to join a company that not only offers an excellent working environment but also boasts a strong record in staff retention. Due to the nature of the role, you may also get the chance to travel to their sites in Europe to see how their overseas companies work. Other additional benefits include 20 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), contributory pension scheme, subsidised private medical insurance, subsidised local gym membership and free onsite parking.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Plus Bonus + Benefits
Group Financial Accountant (Engineering)
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + bonus
Senior Head Office Accountant
Belfast, County Antrim
Group Financial Accountant/Project Accountant
City of London, London
Sage Systems Accountant