Europe Head of Tax
|Job Title:||Europe Head of Tax|
|Salary:||Exceptional package for successful candidate|
|Job Published:||April 09, 2019 10:58|
- Brand new Europe Head of Tax role with a leading PE backed South West business
- A unique opportunity to help design and implement new European Tax strategies
About Our Client
Independent Vetcare Group International is the fastest-growing group in the European veterinary sector. Following extensive UK and mainland Europe expansion they are now a pan-European market leader, achieved in under 6 years, with continued European expansion plans very much forecast over the next 3-5 years.
The culture of IVC is vital to their current and continued success. IVC believes in putting people first and that openness, decency, dialogue and entrepreneurship underpin its success and shape how the business develops and vets are supported.
The Europe Head of Tax is a newly created position, reporting into the Group Financial Controller, and with a remit to establish and advise on the Group's new tax strategy with their existing country CFO's.
Key responsibilities include:
- Devise and implement Europe wide direct tax planning strategies
- Work closely with senior management and the country CFOs (e.g. Tax Strategy requirements and relevant new tax legislation)
- Lead on UK and Mainland Europe tax operational issues: Identify the tax implications of taxes. Develop and improve processes
- Management of relationship with tax professional advisors and tax authorities
- Provide continuous liaison and effective communication with the auditors at Group level to ensure a smooth audit cycle with any/all issues effectively communicated and resolved on a timely basis;
- Management of outsourced professional tax advisers to calculate year end CIT tax provisions for each company in each country and review of those provisions
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be/have:
- CTA or ACA qualified ideally with knowledge of European Tax
- The ability to build and manage high performing teams (internal and external)
- The ability to build relationships with relevant stakeholders including country CFOs, Tax Advisors & Tax Authorities
- Excellent communication skills; Board level presentation experience and Project Management
- Proven track record of delivering and implementing step change through identification of opportunities and subsequent implementation using technology
What's on Offer
A highly competitive remuneration package will be available for the successful candidate. This includes a potential relocation allowance for applicants applying from further afield.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref code: MPHK14004403Z
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's