Environmental, Social and Governance ESG Reporting - Reviewer
|Job Title:||Environmental, Social and Governance ESG Reporting - Reviewer|
|Salary:||Up to £92900 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Colin Hawkins|
|Job Published:||August 03, 2021 18:43|
Perform reviews of narrative and financial statements disclosures made in respect of ESG reporting in companies' annual reports and accounts.
This organisation monitors companies' existing climate-related narrative and financial information.
This role represents a unique opportunity to join the team at a time when it is developing its capabilities in this important area, and to influence the direction of ESG and climate-related reporting in the UK.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Performing reviews of narrative and financial statements disclosures made in respect of ESG reporting in companies' annual reports and accounts. Initially this would focus on the new requirements for premium listed companies to report their compliance with the TCFD framework.
- Providing high-quality commentary to identify areas of focus for correspondence with companies on potential areas of material non-compliance with TCFD and other relevant ESG reporting requirements
- Providing ad-hoc advice to the wider team on ESG and climate-related reporting
- Researching and writing thematic reviews on ESG and climate-related reporting, including identifying better practice examples
- Developing and delivering internal templates, processes and training on climate-related reporting
- Engagement with external stakeholders
Candidates must have:
- Practical experience of preparing or reviewing climate change disclosures under TCFD and/or other frameworks
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of:
- reporting frameworks and standards (including TCFD, SASB, GHG Protocol) and best practice in respect of climate change and emissions reporting
- emerging better practices in UK companies' climate-related and emissions reporting
- the major risks and uncertainties presented by climate change from a company perspective, across a broad range of industries
- the climate-related information needs and concerns of investors and other users of financial statements
- Awareness of relevant UK corporate reporting requirements, including the Companies Act, IFRS and SECR. Detailed knowledge of accounting/IFRS is not required, but the candidate must be able to identify interdependencies and work on issues with technical accounting specialists.
- Ability to:
- identify omissions of significant climate change matters in company reporting
- research and access specialist knowledge on specific reporting issues, as identified
- Good understanding of commerce and business and the regulatory environment
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent research and analytic skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Influence the direction of ESG and climate-related reporting in the UK.
- Competitive remuneration package, including 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave
- A strong work/ life balance ethos.
- The role is based in our Central London office, although there is significant flexibility for home working.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Group Lead Reporting Manager
£500.00 - £600.00 per day
Assistant Financial Reporting Manager
£45000 - £55000 per annum
Finance & Reporting Business Partner
£52,629 to £63,868
Group Reporting Manager - Listed Software Company
City of London, London
£80000 - £90000 per annum + 10% bonus, 8% pension
Audit and Accounts Senior
30000 - 45000