Competitive + Benefits
16 days ago
You will join a growing audit team of over 650 relationship driven, curious problem solvers who add value to their clients on a daily basis. We work with fast growth entrepreneurial companies, complex and large listed groups, major financial services institutions including banks and insurance companies plus major public service bodies such as health and local authorities. In a rapidly changing business world, we also care about our industry and have long pressed for a debate on audit competition. We believe that companies and their shareholders alike deserve the benefits that increased competition can bring and are committed to playing an active role in shaping its future.
Mazars in the UK divides clients into four strategic markets, one of our key markets for all service lines is Entrepreneurial Business (EB), which represents a significant part of our business. We are continuing to grow our strong presence in this market and are differentiated in the market by our highly trained teams, digital technologies and strong advisory relationships with our clients.
Entrepreneurial Business at Mazars is categorised as:
• Any privately owned business/group by an individual(s), family, board of directors, private equity or venture capital backed with revenue between £10m-£150m
• Unregulated asset managers/owners privately owned with assets under management/ownership under £1bn
To deliver professional services of the highest standard, through the supervision and organisation of staff and the performance of audit services to all clients across a range of industry sectors. Turnover typically is in the range £10m - £250m. Work would be expected to be performed with limited supervision.
AUDIT ASSISTANT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
• Full responsibility for the Management of the Assignment. This includes all aspects of planning including budgeting and resourcing, coordinating the manager and partner, +Vantage completion (Mazars audit software), client meetings and client visits.
• Perform an assessment of the systems and controls and identify risks as a result of this review.
• Perform preliminary analytical review and highlight risk areas for further audit investigation. Consider expected trends and ensure the analytical review addresses this. Communicate expected trends and relevant ratios that should be included in this review to other seniors and assistants.
• In light of the above, produce a costed work programme for the assignment tailored to the risks associated with the client.
• Draft the budget and assign audit areas to team members so as to manage the audit risks and develop the team members.
• Produce the Client Audit Plan (“CAP”) to detail the above strategy to the client. Be involved in the delivery of the CAP to the client.
• Where applicable, prepare draft statutory financial statements based on the information provided by the client.
• Organise, prepare agenda for and chair team meeting and communicate the strategy to the other members of the team. This is to include all team members not just audit.
• Ensure team member’s objectives have been set and are monitored throughout the assignment
• Ensure all Manager and Partner review points noted and cleared.
Controlling the Assignment
• Where appropriate, allocates work to team members based on skill and knowledge of team members, ensuring meet development objectives: in particular assigning more responsibility to more junior staff.
• Completes the complex and more risky areas of the assignment.
• Provides on the job training and support to assistants and seniors
• Reviews the work of assistants and provide informal feedback throughout the fieldwork stage. Encourages other seniors to provide feedback to assistants.
• Ensures work of assistants has been reviewed and any issues highlighted and resolved before manager review (to allow manager to concentrate on key risk areas).
• Act as a point of contact for both manager and client, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the audit.
• Review actual to budgeted time and inform manager of any issues immediately.
• Build strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly.
• Communicate with other departments (e.g. tax) and pass on all relevant information.
• Be aware of developments concerning client’s affairs and any opportunities to provide additional services.
• Ensure completion of Financial Statements and closedown of audit files.
• Ensure standards and procedures maintained by whole team and complete audit file presented with review points cleared.
• Draft the audit opinion summary for the Manager and Partner and draft management letter and any other reporting documents, including group reporting and audit committee papers.
• Provide constructive feedback for the completion of staff appraisals on the assistants and seniors and 360 degree feedback on managers and partners.
• Keep technically up to date.
• Ensure awareness of firm’s specialist services and publications.
• To maintain time records and appraisal records.
• Complete assignment reviews within two weeks of the end of engagement and ensure partner sign off (for both own and other members of the team).
• ACA or ACCA qualified or equivalent.
• External audit experience – leading/supervising external audits from planning through to completion.
• Demonstrates and applies advanced technical, commercial and industry knowledge to the role, identifying issues and solutions.
• Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge.
• Pro-actively identifies client needs and keeps them informed of project status as appropriate.
• Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels.
• Begins to develop a network of client contacts and contacts in the wider market
• Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control.
• Acts as a role model for the team and values others expertise.
• Provides assistance, shares experiences, provides meaningful feedback and proactively supports the development of others.
• Demonstrates commitment to self-development.
• Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION AT MAZARS
At Mazars diversity and inclusion are central to our values. We recognise that being a diverse and inclusive organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, qualifications and experience.
We are open to having conversations about flexible working. Our client-facing professionals can often be required to travel regularly or may be based at client sites, but our approach to agile working can help achieve a lifestyle balance without compromising on client service.
We welcome applications from those returning to employment after a break from their careers.
BESPOKE BENEFITS THAT WORK FOR YOU
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.
True agile working. For us agile working means empowering and trusting our people. Empowering our people to work where, when and how they choose. And trusting our people to make the right choices for Mazars, their team and themselves to deliver the best outcome for the client. By its very nature, agile working won’t look the same for everyone. Ultimately it’s up to our people to decide what’s right.
WE OPEN DOORS!
Mazars is an international, integrated and independent firm, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory and tax services
Being part of the Mazars team means being part of something big! Operating in 89 countries around the world, the opportunities to build and develop your career are infinite. Whether that’s gaining exposure to different types of clients, learning new skills or exploring international opportunities. We open doors that make Your Years at Mazars, Years That Count.
In the UK, Mazars has approximately 140 partners and over 2,000 employees serving clients from 17 offices and is ranked one of the top 10 firms nationally. Globally we draw on the expertise of 40,000 professionals – 24,000 in the Mazars integrated partnership and 16,000 via the Mazars North America Alliance - to assist clients at every stage in their development.