Enterprise Risk Management Associate
|Job Title:||Enterprise Risk Management Associate|
|Salary:||Competitive + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Aimee Hall|
|Job Published:||August 17, 2021 11:51|
Our Business Services team is a collective of creative, strategic, forward-thinking business enablers. Together the People & Culture, Marketing & Communications, IT, Operations, Finance and Quality & Risk Management teams make it their mission to ensure Mazars has the right tools, technology, strategies and services in place to deliver exceptional client service and future-proof our growing business.
As an Enterprise Risk Management Associate you will have the opportunity to help drive and embed an appropriate and effective risk culture across the firm, and all Service Lines by delivering proactive, high quality and value-added service as part of the newly formed central Risk Function at Mazars.
This internal facing role will principally involve working with the Enterprise Risk Manager and the different functions and risk owners across the business in understanding both the risk and control environment. This will include monitoring and assessment of risk registers, ensuring a standardised and consistent approach is taken across the firm, and the driving force around embedding and maintaining an appropriate risk culture in Mazars.
As a new and evolving function within Mazars UK, you will also have the opportunity to play a key role to shape, develop and implement methodologies, whilst contributing to the overall Quality and Risk objectives of the firm.
You will report to the Enterprise Risk Manager. They in turn report to the Enterprise Risk Partner, and Executive Committee, as well as the Governance Council.
Role & Responsibilities
- Co-ordination and support in development and delivery of the Enterprise Risk Strategy;
- Operationalising and monitoring delivery of the Enterprise Risk Strategy and its embeddedness across the business;
- Working with key stakeholders to identify appropriate risks, and the actions taken to manage risk within the acceptable tolerance;
- Ensuring Risk Registers are maintained, complete, and up to date, with regular review from the appropriate risk owners;
- Helping to identify new and emerging risks across each Service Line and the potential implications on the business;
- Reporting of Risks to the appropriate forum and committee;
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders across the business, ensuring any requests ad queries are dealt with promptly;
- Maintaining control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with;
- Assesses and produces high quality work in line with the Firm's policy and processes, meeting relevant regulatory requirements;
- Assistance on other special assignments (e.g. working/project groups, for example) as and when required;
- Ability to make confident and clear presentations of service features and benefits to stakeholders; and
- Support in development and delivery of methodologies, and tools, including the use of a risk management software.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working within Enterprise Risk Management;
- Relevant Qualifications are preferred, but not essential, such as ACA, ACCA or ERM Qualifications;
- Good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.;
- Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge;
- Ability to develop new initiatives and methodologies;
- High attention to detail;
- Ability to identify risks through sound analysis and application of technical skills;
- Provides assistance, shares experience, provides meaningful feedback and proactively supports the development of others;
- Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control; and
- Begins to develop a network of contacts across Mazars.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business. We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit Associate Partner
Corporate Tax Associate Partner
VAT Associate Partner
Associate Tax Director
Birmingham, West Midlands
£60000.00 - £85000.00 per annum
Management Accountant (outdoors)
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£43000 - £48000 per annum