Employment Tax Specialist
|Job Title:||Employment Tax Specialist|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Alex Stirling|
|Job Published:||August 09, 2019 10:13|
Part or newly-qualified tax professional to support the Employment Tax Manager and Indirect Tax Manager.
Your new company
Are you looking to progress your career in tax and in a role where you can make an impact within a global, leading business in its sector? My client currently have a vacancy for an enthusiastic part or newly-qualified tax professional to support the Employment Tax Manager and Indirect Tax Manager in their large in-house tax team. The Group Tax function plays a pivotal role in supporting the business and helping them to navigate the complex and continually changing demands of tax legislation. This is a demanding role and will cover employment and indirect taxes across the UK and Ireland. We are looking for someone to major in employment taxes but approximately 20% of the role will cover Indirect taxes.
Your new role
- Preparation of PAYE Settlement Agreement calculations;
- Assisting payroll department with ad-hoc P11d reporting queries;
- Share scheme reporting;
- Assist with all expatriate tax matters including liaising with external tax advisors;
- Short Term Business Visitor tracking and reporting to HMRC;
- Assisting with any HMRC Employer Compliance Reviews;
- Support on work required re employment status / IR35;
- Continuous review of tax procedures and controls in light of CCO legislation;
- Support in the preparation and submission of VAT Returns, EC Sales Lists and Intrastat Returns, Landfill Tax Returns and other Excise Duty Returns;
- Support the group tax team and the wider business to ensure tax issues are identified and appropriately managed.
What you'll need to succeed
Suitable candidates must be either a part or fully qualified Chartered Tax Advisor or Chartered Accountant (or equivalent) and have a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
The role will suit someone with proven ability in employment taxes but with the desire and drive to expand their knowledge of Indirect taxes. Any appropriate/required study support will be available for the right candidate.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Corporate Tax Advisor
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + substantial bonus
Group Tax Manager
Tyne and Wear
Group Finance Manager
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£48000 - £53000 per annum + plus benefits
Project Finance Analyst
£300.00 - £400.00 per day
Management Accountant (Renewable Energy)
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bonus