Employment Tax Senior Manager
|Job Title:||Employment Tax Senior Manager|
|Salary:||£22 - £85000.00 per annum + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Cara Whyte|
|Job Published:||September 11, 2019 10:26|
Hays are recruiting an Employment Tax Senior Manager for a big 4 firm, based either Norwich or Cambridge.
Employment solutions specialists work on a wide variety of clients including many household names. The work is primarily project-based covering areas such as governance (including all aspects of PAYE, payroll, NMW CIS compliance), employment status including off payroll workers and the new IR35 rules, reward and benefit planning.
An opportunity exists for a Senior Manager in the Employment Solutions team based in the Norwich or Cambridge office. The team work with dynamic businesses and individuals across the East of England in all sectors but with a particular focus on the high growth life sciences, biotech and technology businesses which are at the heart of the UK government's Industrial Strategy. The team is very inclusive, supportive and friendly and they value fresh ideas and innovation in all they do. They fully embrace flexible working. This Big 4 firm has experienced consistent high growth in East Anglia over a number of years and are looking for capable, proactive individuals to join their team and to be part of our growth story as they look to double the size of their business in the next 3 years.
The key aspects of the role include:
- Managing work in relation to a wide variety of employment solutions advisory projects, varying from larger strategic projects through to risk and opportunity reviews
- Managing employer compliance activities relating to areas such as employment status decisions, PAYE health checks, SAO certification, HMRC's "Know Your Customer" reviews, voluntary disclosures, PAYE Settlement Agreements and running projects relating to payroll advisory such as National Minimum Wage and CIS compliance.
- Taking responsibility for winning, managing and delivering work to a high standard and meeting deadlines
- Proactively dealing with engagement management aspects of project delivery including work in progress, billing and risk procedures and with consideration for the financial and commercial implications when making difficult decisions
- Reviewing work and coaching and developing junior colleagues
- Managing and developing client relationships through business development activities
- Leading local marketing initiatives
The candidate will have practical experience of the areas outlined above with a strong background in Employment Tax. They are interested in candidates who have worked in Practice or HMRC Ideally you will be (but not essential) CTA, ACA, CPA or CA qualified
Please apply on line or for a complete job specification or to discuss your career please contact Cara Whyte at Hays. for more details
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's