Employment Tax Manager
|Job Title:||Employment Tax Manager|
|Location:||Welwyn Garden City|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Foster|
|Job Published:||October 09, 2019 09:39|
About the role
The Employment Tax Manager will report to the Head of Payroll Governance and Compliance and will also have close links to our tax team. The role is a key link between our People, Payroll and Tax teams.
You will be based at our head office in Welwyn Garden City but expected to travel as business need requires. You will be responsible for managing the employment tax compliance for the UK business as well as working with stakeholders to develop changes to processes and controls to ensure ongoing compliance as required by legislative or business.
You will be responsible for
• Responsible for delivering accurate and timely employment tax compliance tasks, including completion and submission of the PAYE Settlement Agreement
• Provide technical support to other functions responsible for additional year end compliance, such as Share Scheme and P11D reporting
• Review termination payments through settlement agreements and COT3 for correct tax treatment and reporting
• Work with and provide advice to Payroll, Reward, Policy, Colleague Relations and Legal teams as required
• Work with other functions to review and develop policies and processes to improve working practices and drive efficiencies where identified
• Effective business partnering providing employment tax input into business projects and plans
• Maintain and develop our ongoing relationship with HMRC on employment tax matters, responding to HMRC enquiries and working in real time with HMRC where possible.
• Review relevant balance sheet reconciliations provided by the Payroll and Benefits teams in Bengaluru particularly those for PAYE Settlement accruals and NIC savings from salary sacrifice arrangements.
• Work seamlessly with the Payroll and Benefits teams in Bengaluru in relation to ongoing compliance including Construction Industry Scheme reporting and providing technical support for HMRC requirements and correspondence
• Undertake on site visits to subsidiaries to review compliance and drive efficiencies across other parts of the Tesco family of businesses
Communication of tax matters
• Strong written and communication skills required
• Able to work effectively across both peer group and the UK and Bengaluru based Payroll and Benefits teams.
• Liaise with and clearly advise other areas within the head office functions on employment tax matters.
• Maintain and build relationships with external tax advisors.
You will need
• Comprehensive knowledge of UK employment tax matters in the context of a large group environment.
• Experience of working within a tax team of a large UK head quartered group or in an advisory role within the profession to UK plc clients.
• ATT qualification preferred.
• Must have good interpersonal skills and experience in working in a multi-cultural environment to build working relationships with company stakeholders, external advisers, tax authorities and across the people, payroll and tax teams.
• Strong track record of delivering complex projects and managing key stakeholders.
• Able to self-manage workload and work without constant supervision. Able to make recommendations and decisions, keeping the leadership team updated as required.
What’s in it for you
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses