Employment Tax - Assistant Manager
|Job Title:||Employment Tax - Assistant Manager|
|Contact Name:||Zoeb Kapasi|
|Job Published:||October 23, 2019 14:47|
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 17 locations across the UK, employing 5,000 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £590m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 80,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $9bn.
The role holder will be a member of the Employment Tax group, responsible for assisting Managers and Partners in servicing clients, directing Tax services and managing people within the Tax department.
Start to put in to practice business development of existing and new clients as well as potentially developing a specialist field of technical and/or sector knowledge and expertise.
• Act as a point of contact within the firm for the client together with the managers and partner. This will include responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided, and maintaining regular contact with clients
• Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collection within the firms criteria
• Regular involvement with tax planning and complex tax issues in conjunction with Managers/Partners/Directors
• Fulfil a consultancy role on ad hoc projects within their field of specialist knowledge
• Ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client/partner informed of overruns and plan staff assignments in order to give an appropriate spread of experience
• Ensure that the Firm’s quality control procedures are adhered to including second partner review
• Responsible for the review and delivery for the final advice to clients, subject to sign off from Partners
• Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Partner, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
• Must provide overall support to Partners on client matters and assist Partners in the management of the group, this will include support at times for the recruitment and appraising of staff
• Will work with management team with other Tax managers within the business group, and provide support to the rest of the Tax team
• Actively participate in the management of the group through partner/manager meetings and by attendance at social functions
• Training must be provided to more junior staff both on the job and through monitoring exam and on the job performance, whilst consistently providing feedback
• Counsel, appraise, develop and motivate staff as appropriate
• Responsible for coaching and developing junior members of staff
Sales and Marketing:
• Must be able to recognise business and sales opportunities and progress these forward with Managers/Partner support
• Participate in bids/proposals for new work
• Able to take advantage of marketing/PR opportunities
• Start to develop own network of contacts internally and externally and start winning own work
Communication and representation:
• Develop contact with clients at senior level and maintain contact with other levels as appropriate to ensure the firm has the confidence of the client
• Act as a liaison between the client and other specialist service groups within BDO
• Contribute centrally by lecturing on internal courses
• Consult with colleagues and Partners on technical and risk matters.
• Maintain an in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation
• Specialist knowledge and the ability to deal with complex tax issues
• Project management experience
• Some staff management experience
• Ability to manage a substantial client portfolio profitably
• Actively seek opportunities for developing new clients and for selling new services to existing clients
• Experience of dealing with client senior management
• Educated to degree level and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
• Demonstrable post qualified experience
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Corporate Tax Audit Senior Associate/ Assistant Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands
£25000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Private Client Tax Assistant
Assistant Manager, M&A Tax
Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taff
£30000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
City of London, London
£85000 - £95000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Bonus-20%