Employment Tax Advisor
|Job Title:||Employment Tax Advisor|
|Salary:||£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Matthew Phipps|
|Job Published:||July 15, 2019 17:41|
Employment Tax senior role working for a multinational industry leading business
Your new role
- The ideal candidate will have a sound foundation in UK employment tax matters, and be able to work confidently with a range of stakeholders to advise the business accordingly.
- They should have a critical eye, and be driven to develop and embed processes and procedures which manage our employment tax risk in a practical and commercial manner.
- Exposure to international employment tax matters is ideal but not required, as this Group-wide role will require the right candidate to work with our external advisers to understand and interpret international tax rules quickly, to manage compliance across the Group.
- Responsibility will be to lead for Group Tax on our IR35 project, to ensure that we are able to deliver on our existing project plan by April 2020.
- Understanding of the practical application of the IR35 rules in a business context will be an important requirement for this role
- Project management of the IR35 off-payroll worker project will include tasks such as: ensuring business stakeholders are fully briefed on the impact of the new rules; working with external advisers and business stakeholders to design and implement the systems and processes required to fully manage our IR35 risk; completing employment status assessments for any impacted workers; and engaging with them and their respective line managers to explain how the rules will impact their position
- Beyond April 2020, as IR35 becomes an embedded BAU requirement, the Employment Tax Adviser will widen their focus to assist with other Employment Tax Matters across the Group, both in the UK and internationally.
- UK compliance tasks will include working with payroll to ensure timely and accurate P11D(b) submissions, preparing our PAYE Settlement Agreement (PSA), and preparing our Short Term Business Visitor reports. However, UK compliance tasks form a relatively small part of this role, with ad-hoc advisory support to the business being the primary focus
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong knowledge of UK domestic employment tax matters, with experience from a large practice firm or in a large business environment
- A broad technical understanding of the IR35 rules and their commercial impact
- Experience of international tax / global mobility matters is preferred but not essential.
- More important is the ability to apply existing knowledge of tax principles to new scenarios, and the desire to learn quickly and expand your knowledge.
- Strong track record of project management skills and the ability to manage risk, finances and multiple stakeholders
- Interpersonal skills to be able to influence and act at all levels across the organisation
- ATT or CTA qualification preferred, with a minimum of 5 years' experience.
What you'll get in return
> Competitive base salary, up to 20% bonus, 25 days holiday, BAYE, SAYE & Performance share schemes, 7% pension, life Assurance, choice of flexible benefits, excellent staff travel benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Assistant Financial Controller
Interim Management Accountant (German Speaking)
Senior Management Accountant
£42000.00 - £45000.00 per annum