E-Commerce Financial Controller (North London)
|Job Title:||E-Commerce Financial Controller (North London)|
|Location:||Potters Bar, Hertfordshire|
|Salary:||£55000 - £65000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Cooke|
|Job Published:||June 08, 2020 13:24|
We are working with a high growth e-commerce business based in North London who are looking for a Financial Controller from the industry to support them scale. We are looking for someone who is on the upward curve and looking progress their career in a dynamic business.
A high growth SME with a growing European footprint.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for providing a dynamic and focused financial decision support to the business through the provision of first class analysis, interpretation of financial information and proactive commercial advice. Ensuring robust controls are in place, streamlining processes and ensuring the finance function is well placed to support the business during a period of high growth. The Financial Controller will manage the Company's ambitious 5 years Business Plan, tracking performance against it and working with the Executive to ensure delivery.
- Supporting the Executive team through proactive financial interpretation and analysis: focusing on the delivery of financial KPIs in line with the 5 years business plan.
- Strategic financial analysis to assist the Executive - e.g. tracking financial strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats
- Management of monthly reporting processes to ensure accurate and timely production of monthly management accounts and commentaries
- Preparation of annual accounts and tax returns in liaison with external accountants
- Cash management and treasury duties
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash flows
- Manage the annual business planning process
- Monitor and analyse results against budgets, forecasts and trends providing insightful analysis
- Ensure robust financial controls and processes throughout the business
- Test financial plans/ commercial proposals to ensure they are properly grounded, identifying critical factors and issues within the business and ensuring that there is sound understanding of risk and opportunity
- Lead and motivate a small finance team
- Build key relationships with the senior stakeholders and the wider commercial team
- Build relationships with external advisors including audit, tax and legal
- Support the Operational teams by providing key insight to improve performance
The candidate will have a recognised accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA), have experience in a fast moving, ecommerce business and be ready to take on more responsibility in their career. The ability to cope well with change in a fast moving business and industry is important.
The ability to work well with the two cofounders is essential as he or she will be an important member of the management team building the business for the future.
The Company currently has 20 staff so by its very nature a hands on approach is important. In addition the individual must have the ability to think and act strategically.
Experience in implementing financial software systems is important.
Ability to motivate and lead a diverse team
Strong organisational skills, self starter, ability to influence and constructively challenge at all levels, results orientated.
It is essential that this individual can demonstrate experience from FMCG, Retail or e-Commerce.
£55,000 - £65,000 + Benefits
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
City of London, London
£70000 - £75000 per annum + bonus + benefits
Temporary Credit Controller
£13.00 - £15.00 per hour
Interim Financial Accountant
£325 - £350 per day
Financial Accounting Manager, ACA
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits Inc, Bonus