£51k - 55k per year
8 days ago
Could you provide clear direction to a small team and run an organisation’s programmes finance department? Want to work for a household name in the international charity sector? Are you experienced in donor finance and looking for a new challenge?
If yes, then this could be your next role!
Robertson Bell are proud to once again be working for this well-established, inspiring international charity in their search for a new Donor Finance Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. Reporting into the Head of Finance, you will hold a crucial role within this rapidly growing organisation and will be responsible for all things donor-finance. Through the provision of vital support to senior stakeholders and strategic leadership of a small team, you will enable the function to deliver financial targets.
The main responsibilities of this Donor Finance Manager role are as follows:
- Take the lead on the financial management and compliance of all grants across the charity, reporting on all financial matters to specific major donors, including analysis of project expenditure against budgets.
- Manage a small team of Donor Finance Officers, providing any necessary training and giving them the opportunity to grow and develop professionally.
- Undertake international travel to various locations to develop and manage relationships with stakeholders on programme-specific matters and ensure compliance with donor contract terms.
- Business partner with the international finance teams, challenging attitudes, updating budgets according to programme changes and dealing with queries as required.
- Provide invaluable support to the in-country teams right from the programme bid development stage, scoping programmes to put together budgets to submit to the donors.
- Play a leading role in the annual donor audits and deputise for the line manager as required.
This Donor Finance Manager role would officially be based out of the charity’s head office in central London however, remote working will be carried out initially. The role offers a unique opportunity for someone with previous donor reporting experience who is looking for a new challenge, whilst working for one of the most well-known organisations of their kind in the charity sector.
The successful candidate will have:
- Achieved their full CCAB qualification.
- Proven experience of reporting to major donors (e.g. DFID, USAID, ECHO, UN etc.).
- Strong knowledge and understanding of restricted funds.
- Previous experience working within the international charity sector.
- Experience managing a small team is essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are interested in this Donor Finance Manager opportunity, please do not delay in applying as applications are being reviewed daily and the line manager is looking to interview ASAP.