Divisional Reporting Accountant
|Job Title:||Divisional Reporting Accountant|
|Contact Name:||Louise O'Donoghue|
|Job Published:||March 11, 2021 10:14|
To support the Divisional Finance Team with all financially based activities and Projects across the Division.
To further improve and enhance the financial and reporting frameworks within the Division and ensure a consistency of approach and conformity with Group Accounting Policies and Procedures.
You will also be involved with the financial and wider integration of new businesses, acquisitions and divestments.
Manufacturing business in Herefordshire.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- To continually review, challenge and assist in the development of all financial based systems and procedures in use across the Division.
- Assist in the integration of (or divestment) of any of the business activities forming part of the Division, including involvement where required in due-diligence activities.
- In particular to play a key role in the financial, and if required wider integration of new businesses, including scoping, implementing, training and development plans as required. To further assist in confirming/verifying opening balances, and the post-acquisition assessment of Fair Value adjustments, as required.
- To assist in the Balance Sheet review process, including carrying out 'on-site' and/or remote Audits, documenting findings, and follow up actions as necessary.
- Assist in Forecasting reviews, ensuring that 'local' monthly submissions are consistent with current levels of business activity, and where necessary challenging unrealistic expectations and assisting businesses to improve overall levels of Forecasting accuracy.
- Divisional CAPEX Control and Monitoring, ensuring that all CAPEX Applications are properly recorded, checked for completeness and all authorisations monitored and updated.
- Liaise with Business Management and ensure that CAPEX Project spend is tracked monthly, CAPEX Forecasts are regularly updated and consolidated at a Divisional level.
- Create standard Divisional 'Templates' as required to meet Divisional/Group financial requirements. Develop appropriate models to explain, monitor and control the roll-out of these into a live 'local' system environment.
- Analytical reviews of Monthly reporting information, Budget and Strategic Plan submissions, including liaising with 'local' FCs/FDs, to provide a summary of key findings, with appropriate explanations.
- To support and back-up the other 'Divisional Accountants' with all their duties including Comshare/Infor PM reporting, monthly Group Pack preparation and other development activities.
- Assist Divisional Management with ad-hoc analytical reviews of Divisional overhead spend (including IT).
- Provide operational support to 'local' UK Finance teams, where agreed beforehand with Divisional FC and as considered appropriate for development needs.
- To fully assist and support the Divisional Team in their day-to-day activities, including maintaining appropriate Project/Integration Plans, attendance at Meetings and maintaining Minutes/Action.
- A fully qualified accountant CIMA, ACCA, ACA.
- Have management reporting experience including preparation of management accounts and experience of accounting systems and ERPs.
- Have instinctive IT skills (a quick learner), and MS Office experience, specifically Excel. You will also have some database analytical skills and proven use.
- Experience of Info PM, Cognos, Power BI tools and knowledge of SAP would be an advantage although not essential.
- Experience of project management and presentation skills. You must have the ability to influence senior engagement.
- Knowledge of, or experience in, manufacturing would be beneficial.
Competitive salary and benefits.
The opportunity to be part of an exciting and growing business in a varied role.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
Financial Reporting Team Lead
£50000.00 - £56000.00 per annum
Head of Financial Reporting
£70000 - £75000 per annum + Car, Bonus, PMI, Pension, 25 day holiday
Solihull, West Midlands
Up to £45000.00 per annum
Irvine, North Ayrshire
£38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum