Disputes/Litigation Forensic Accounting Partner
|Job Title:||Disputes/Litigation Forensic Accounting Partner|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Contact Name:||Louise Bridge|
|Job Published:||December 22, 2020 12:40|
First promotion to Partner? Or wanting a global, yet light-touch firm for the last few years of your career?
Your new company
We are delighted to be working exclusively with this longstanding Hays client, a large international advisory and accounting firm with a whole-firm approach on every matter. Partners are directly incentivised by the integrated firm structure to work genuinely collaboratively, including cross-border, and can often have a team on the ground anywhere in the world within 24 hours of mandate. With an agile working culture that long predated 2020, their long-established "grown-up" culture ensures you work in the style and locations that ensure you are balancing your professional and personal life.
The Forensic Accounting team here is extremely well-regarded and has specialists within the full suite of case types, including International Arbitration , Valuations, Competition/Monitoring Trustee, Litigation/Disputes, Investigations and Compliance. They are also able to draw on the firm's wider matrix of industry Experts, for example in Financial Services, Energy & Resources and so on.
Your new role
The Advisory board is preparing to fund the Forensic function's next growth phase and as such are investing in a new Partner hire, as well as continuing to grow others through Partnership track (the firm is an exemplar of promotion to Partner, especially in this team.) Forensic fee income sits at around £7 mill in the UK but the strategy is to double this in the next 3-4 years.
The firm sees this as a chance to diversify from what they do already, so while they have several in-depth specialisms, it would be of particular interest to the FIS team to engage with those who have developed some of their practice within construction, the technical side of banking/FS and/or valuations.
What you'll need to succeed
Either way, if you feel that your growing or established practice includes a specialist element to it, it may well be complementary to the business strategy/agenda.
Two key profiles are in scope for this opportunity:
- A Forensic Director billing around £500k who strongly believes their practice is scalable, but is finding that wider firm issues mean the business case for promotion to Partner has been delayed or is not yet in scope.
- An established Partner who may be looking at an earlier retirement than they would like, and would prefer to spend the last phase of their career in a light-touch, low-conflict, well-resourced firm, with complete autonomy on business development strategy.
n both cases your practice will have been predominantly centred around UK or USA clients.
What you'll get in return
- A properly integrated firm, without the usual internal politics that can often characterise full-service firms.
- A proven meritocratic promotion policy which in turn has lead to exemplary staff retention
- Speaking as someone who has had the pleasure of recruiting into this team at many levels, I can vouch for a genuinely happy and stimulated working culture
- Long-established agile working policy. There are even UK Partners based in Europe.
- Lower charge-outs than the Big 4
- Soft targets on chargeability
What you need to do now
If you feel the above might be you, and would like to know more before taking a view, please contact me for a 100% confidential discussion.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's