Director – Personal Tax or Corporate Tax
|Job Title:||Director – Personal Tax or Corporate Tax|
|Job Published:||November 05, 2021 14:49|
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Working hard and working together, our Tax team thrives on keeping busy. Friendly, driven and diverse, they service our clients across the country and around the world. By providing expertise in many different specialist areas of tax, they collaborate across BDO to deliver wider business solutions. From meeting clients’ evolving business needs to managing changes to legislation, there are always fresh challenges to face in the Tax team. If you’re after a career that will keep you on your toes, we’ll give you the autonomy to drive your career forward.
We’ll help you succeed
Whilst acting as a major point of contact within the Firm, we’re looking for an individual who strives to make a difference. We want you to inspire other individuals in this dynamic team to challenge the status quo. As this role will provide Tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients, you’ll need to have a focus on excellent client and candidate service. In addition to being an independent problem solver who can set priorities, you’ll also:
- Be a senior stakeholder in the delivery of the Tax strategic framework with regular involvement with tax planning and complex tax issues in conjunction with Partners.
- Keep the Partner informed about any new business opportunities arising on existing and new clients.
- Develop your own network of contacts internally and externally and starts winning own work and cross selling.
- Be responsible for the review and delivery for the final advice to clients.
- Respond quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided, and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- Be responsible for coaching and developing junior members of staff.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- An in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation with specialist knowledge and the ability to deal with complex tax issues
- Project and staff management experience
- Ability to manage a substantial client portfolio profitably whilst being able to actively seek opportunities for developing new clients and for selling new services to existing clients
- Experience of dealing with client senior management
- Educated to degree level and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrable post qualified experience
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Transaction Services Manager - Corporate Finance - Birmingham or Nottingham
Manchester, Greater Manchester
bonus and benefits
Practice Accountant - Client Manager
£30,000-£45,000 + Profit Share
Senior Financial Accountant - ACA / ACCA
Kingston upon Thames, London
£50000 - £60000 per annum