£95000 - £115000 per annum + Annual Bonus + Extensive Benefits
19 days ago
Michael Page is partnering with a high-growth, acquisitive international practice currently seeking to recruit a Director of Tax on a permanent basis in a newly-created role. They have base locations in London and in Reading, Berkshire - however this role can be based fully remotely from anywhere in the UK with occasional travel to the office.
Our client is a forward-thinking, entrepreneurial and acquisitive international practice within an increasingly strong brand and an influential market presence. Their growing client base includes numerous globally-recognisable brands in addition to some exciting SME's and ambitious private-equity backed businesses within the UK and the US across numerous sectors including Technology, Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Real Estate and Private Equity.
The successful candidate will be the UK owner and have overall responsibility for service delivery, overseeing the UK personnel who deliver the services to clients. You'll be responsible for the profitability and financial performance of the services (Direct, Indirect and Employment) and be responsible for the creation and meeting of industry beating SLAs. Essentially this is a pure compliance role (not advisory), but working closely with the advisory Tax teams day to day and on various ad-hoc projects. Essentially this is a pure compliance role (as opposed to advisory), working closely with the advisory Tax teams day to day and on various ad-hoc projects.
What we're looking for:
* Minimum 5 years relevant experience with at least 3 years at Director or Associate Director level.
* CTA or ADIT (or equivalent such as CA) qualification is desirable although not essential depending on experience.
* Detailed knowledge and working experience of Direct & Indirect Tax in the UK across multiple sectors, including Technology, Property/Real Estate, and Capital Markets in various corporate, GP and LP structures.
* Strong track record on technical tax matters in a client based environment.
* Experience of leading a team which delivers technical direct and indirect tax services to clients
Attractive remuneration package including generous basic salary, bonus and a wide range of benefits
Flexibility to work remotely from anywhere in the UK, or a mixture of office and remote working.