Director of Financial Planning and Performance
|Job Title:||Director of Financial Planning and Performance|
|Salary:||£125,000 plus £8,000 car plus benefits|
|Job Published:||August 06, 2019 13:39|
- Member of the CFO's Management Team
- Ownership of Group budgeting, analysis and financial performance
About Our Client
Clarion Housing Group is the country's largest housing association with 125,000 homes nationwide, an annual turnover of £900 million and £8 billion of assets. First and foremost, at their heart, they are a social landlord - mixing public and private money to provide affordable homes, overwhelmingly for people who can't meet their housing needs on the open market.
Clarion Housing Group are also a property development company, a charitable foundation and a repairs and maintenance service, with an ambitious target to build 5,000 new homes per year.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and as a member of the CFO's Management Team, the Director of Financial Planning and Performance will work closely with the CFO, providing high level advice and strategic guidance to the Group on all aspects of budgeting, financial performance, reporting & forecasting, financial business analysis, VfM, and benchmarking.
You will manage the annual budgeting process with gravitas, confidence and credibility and provide both support and challenge to the business leaders to ensure Clarion maintains a long term, sustainable business.
Key responsibilities include:
- To provide high quality, timely and relevant business analysis
- To coordinate the Group's value for money initiatives, ensuring effective systems and reporting arrangements are in place to monitor benefit realisation
- To co-ordinate and maintain the Group's longer term business plans, ensuring they are suitably stress tested and mitigation plans developed.
This is a superb opportunity to lead and develop a team of around 30 management account specialists working to a business partnering model within an ambitious and rapidly evolving organisation.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for a visionary and inspirational leader who and can lead the team through a period of extensive change and equally important deliver an excellent service to the Group.
- A CCAB or equivalent qualified accountant with a strong track record in financial planning and performance
- Deep understanding of the technical and policy issues and implications associated with finance business partnering in a complex business
- Significant experience of creating robust frameworks for the production of accurate and meaningful budgets and forecasts, and operational performance information
- The credibility and track record to gain the trust and respect of senior executive and non executive colleagues, and an ability to influence decision making in the business
- A proven ability to build and manage teams, providing high levels of customer service
- Experience in the social housing sector is not essential.
What's on Offer
£125,000 plus £8,000 car plus benefits.
Please have applications in early. Interviews are currently scheduled for 14th, 15th and 30th August with final stages in September.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPHK14037059Z
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Finance and Resources
£63000.00 - £66000.00 per annum
£50000 - £60000 per annum
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + competitive benefits
£20 - £55000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
£58,000 plus benefits