Director of Finance and Resources
|Job Title:||Director of Finance and Resources|
|Salary:||£70,000 - £80,000|
|Job Published:||June 14, 2019 14:30|
Lionheart Academies Trust are seeking to appoint a Director of Finance and Resources to their Executive Team.
The Director of Finance and Resources will help drive the continued growth and success of the organisation through an exciting period.
You will be responsible for the continued financial sustainability and development of Lionheart Academies Trust, providing high quality strategic leadership and professional management of the Academies’ finance and resources to ensure the continued provision of a first-class education to all its pupils.
You will oversee the financial, commercial and strategic management of the Trust, providing guidance and support to the CEO, board and senior leaders.
You will play a key role in the integration of all new schools joining the Trust whilst leading, motivating and developing a regional team across the current Academy network.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the financial sustainability of the Lionheart Academies Trust
- Co-ordinate financial and operational due diligence for all new schools joining the Trust. Lead the integration of new Free Schools, Academies seeking to join the Trust
- Prepare the Lionheart Academies Trust’s short and medium-term plans, in consultation with senior leadership teams
- Provide clear information, advice and recommendations to the CEO, Board and Trust Senior Leaders regarding strategic development of support services, the use of Trust assets and the development of the Trust’s activities
- Understand and advise the Board and Trust Senior Leaders on the implications of government policies, local authority policies, educational trends and developments.
- Provide efficient financial assistance to the CEO, Trustees and Senior Trust Leaders regarding all aspects of financial management within the Trust.
- Strategic management of the Trust’s finance resources, providing mentoring support as required, recruiting suitably skilled and experienced finance staff
- Assist Trust Senior Leaders in setting and managing their budgets enabling the schools to deliver the curriculum requirements in a cost-effective manner.
- Management of capital expenditure and project management of large build projects and associated budgets
- Research, lead and advise on potential new funding streams
- In conjunction with the Head of Human Resources you will Manage the administration of HR matters for staff, including; appointments, contracts of employment, conditions of service, insurances, discipline and grievance matters, and making recommendations to the CEO, Board and Senior Trust leaders as appropriate
- Work with Senior Trust Leaders and the IT Director to develop 5-year IT replacement plans for all the schools within the Trust to ensure the IT provision is sustainable and fit for purpose
- Work with the Director of Estates to determine the optimal allocation of the Trust’s capital improvement budget to ensure that projects are prioritised to support the educational plans and requirements of the Trust’s schools
Above all you will represent and promote Lionheart Academies Trust’s values internally and externally whilst providing the Trust’s internal customers with an excellent customer service experience in all dealings with the operational teams.
You will act as a champion for change and improvement, constantly enhancing quality and you will make a commitment and contribution to improving standards and maintaining a caring and stimulating environment for pupils.
Hays Senior Finance are managing this vacancy exclusively. Any direct or 3rd party applications will be sent to Hays.
For more detailed information, please contact Simon Lydon at Hays in Leicester, or visit our dedicated recruitment site: hays.co.uk/jobs/lionheart-academies-trust
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's