£55k - 60k per year
20 days ago
Carers Trust Heart of England is partnering exclusively with Robertson Bell to recruit to a Director of Finance and Resources on a permanent, full-time basis. Carers Trust Heart of England is a leading charity and provider of services and support for carers across Coventry and Warwickshire. This Director of Finance and Resources is a newly created role which will suit an experienced qualified Accountant who has already worked at executive level and can contribute to the senior leadership team, work with the board of trustees, implement the strategy and drive business plans.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Support the chief executive in developing robust business plans.
- To contribute to strategic and business planning processes and develop annual and three year financial plans to promote revenue growth and sustainability.
- Operate as a key member of the senior leadership team.
- Working with the chief executive ensure business risks are identified with appropriate mitigating actions in place.
- To develop and maintain an efficient and effective finance function including credit control, payroll and systems supporting cash flows, future growth, investment activity and diversification of funding.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely production and presentation of financial reports and budgets, providing advice and analysis to Trustees, the Senior Leadership Team and managers.
- Responsibility for servicing the finance and audit sub committee of the board, planning future agendas and meeting in liaison with the chief executive and honorary treasurer.
- Provide an effective financial management service to the organisation covering strategic and operational financial and related matters.
- Offer support and advice to managers to manage budgets, interpret financial information and control costs.
Carers Trust Heart of England have grown rapidly over the last 3 years through our delivery of regulated care and services to carers and young carers. We employ 170 staff and we are trying to increase our number of volunteers so that we can add value to the work we do. We are a network partner of Carers Trust which brings opportunities to access to large corporate grants and ensures that the experience of carers is used to determine national policy. We are also members of Carers UK who are the leading campaigning organisation on carer issues.
The successful candidate will:
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification, for example, ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years senior level finance experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in leading and managing staff.
- Experience of preparing and managing end year accounts and audits.
- Knowledge of the SORP accounting requirements and other specialist accounting requirements of the charity sector and the ability to develop expertise in this area
- Experience of preparing and monitoring budgets and accounts with multiple income streams.
This position will be based officially at the head office in Coventry however highly flexible working will be on offer. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 16th June with first stage interviews taking place the week commencing 28th June. Applications will be under constant review before the closing date so please submit your application to our exclusive search agent Robertson Bell. Apply now to be considered!