Director of Finance and Resources
|Job Title:||Director of Finance and Resources|
|Salary:||£75k - 82k per year|
|Contact Name:||Stuart Thomson|
|Job Published:||March 08, 2021 18:53|
Are you looking for an opportunity to lead the financial strategy of a successful organisation, supporting it in its aims for sustained growth? Do you thrive in roles where there is a greater satisfaction on offer, above and beyond “getting the job done”? Do you want a role in which you oversee not only Finance but also wider Resources?
My client is a successful organisation in the Education sector that has seen substantial growth over the last few years. Next on the cards is further expansion, meaning more young lives can be supported to offer greater educational opportunities in the area.
Based in West Sussex, with the potential for a high degree of flexible working post-pandemic, the role of the Director of Finance and Resources reports straight to the CEO. Among the key duties are:
- Reviewing the financial strategy of the organisation, making improvements and amendments where needed, and leading the finance function to meets the organisation’s key financial objectives
- Overseeing a small team of finance professionals, as well as staff in wider resources including Facilities and IT
- Being an active and visible member of the Senior Leadership Team, supporting the Chief Executive in delivering the organisation’s aims, and being a close partner to the Board and Trustees
- Prioritising opportunities for growth, likely to include the acquisition of other Educational institutes into the already complex structure; performing due diligence on acquisitions and playing the key role in financial governance for all of the organisation’s endeavours
- Leading on the production of all statutory reporting, implementing advanced procedures that support the delivery of key strategic goals, and instilling policies and processes that ensure each member of the Group is performing to the best standards possible
- Approaching all strategic decisions with an eye on both financial sustainability and the welfare of young people, and making critical decisions in line with the organisation’s ‘people first’ values.
On offer is the chance to have a huge scope of influence on the lives of young people in the area and work in a close knit team with colleagues who have a vested interest in the success of the organisation. Ambitions are high and there is a firm focus on ensuring staff is valued at every level. There is an attractive benefits package on offer, including career average pension scheme, and highly flexible working patterns.
To be considered for the role of Director of Finance and Resources, please meet these criteria:
- Be a fully qualified accountant with senior finance leadership experience, ideally within an Education or Charity background – though candidates from private sector organisations that have a complex group structure should still be encouraged to apply
- Have experience performing roles responsible for wider resources, ideally Governance, procurement, IT, facilities
- Be a captivating communicator who operates with a Business Partner mindset; be able to effectively influence stakeholders with well-honed interpersonal skills.
This post is likely to close early if the ideal candidate is found – please don’t delay your application!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Director of Finance
£75000.00 - £85000.00 per annum + pension, bonus and private health
Head of Finance
£65000 - £75000 per annum + 35 days holiday, education pension
Head of Finance & Premises
North London, London
£65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + Local Government Pension Scheme
Certificate Level Business, Technology and Finance Moderator
Fees are fixed and paid quarterly