Director of Finance and Resources
|Job Title:||Director of Finance and Resources|
|Salary:||£94323 - £117920 per annum + 10,000 market supplement|
|Contact Name:||Victoria Ward|
|Job Published:||July 29, 2019 14:23|
Executive Director on the Board of BFfC. Lead and manage the Finance and Resources functions to ensure that there is a fully integrated and effective division to support and enable high quality and value for money services.
Lead the finance function transformation as well as the overall transformation plan for BFfC, ensuring the necessary changes and innovation to ensure that the Company is put on a sustainable and stable footing for the long term.
Brighter Futures for Children (BFfC) is a new, not-for-profit-company established to deliver the best possible opportunities and outcomes for the children of Reading. The company, which is wholly-owned by, but independent of Reading Borough Council, is responsible for children's social care services, early help and prevention, education and SEND services.
The company's vision is to unlock resources and improve its working practices to help every child have a happy, healthy and successful life and its aim is to provide excellent services.
Brighter Futures for Children's ambition is to be a national leader in social work practice and training and to put safeguarding and maximising children's life chances at the heart of everything it does. It is equally ambitious for all education and SEND services, including supporting schools to deliver excellent services for all.
The company believes that it is most likely to succeed if its staff, children and young people they work with are involved and engaged in everything it does. To achieve this, the company is building a strong, forward-thinking and innovative leadership team with the skills to drive its ambitious plans and to lead staff on that journey.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Director of Finance and Resources sits as an Executive Director on the Board of BFfC and is a member of the Executive Committee (ExCo) and the Senior Management Team (SMT).
Key requirements include:
- Lead on all financial, legal, property and IT matters for BFfC ensuring that all statutory obligations are met in a timely manner
- Deputise for the MD on occasion in his absence
- Work with the Managing Director, Board and Executive Committee to deliver the Business Plan and transformation plan for BFfC
- Work with the Managing Director and other ExCo colleagues to provide strategic and dynamic leadership for the Company in the challenging circumstances presented by a transformation phase
- Lead by example, providing energetic, visible and inspiring leadership, taking responsibility on all financial aspects of BFfC's children's services, while empowering others to do the same
- Taking a lead role for both the finance function transformation as well as the overall transformation plan for BFfC, ensuring that BFfC can make the necessary changes and innovation to ensure that the Company is put on a sustainable and stable footing for the long term
- Lead and manage the Finance and Resources functions to ensure that there is a fully integrated and effective division to support and enable high quality and value for money services.
You must be CCAB fully qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIPFA or CIMA) with significant post qualification experience and evidence of continuous professional development in a leadership role.
- Evidence of delivering added-value in financial strategy, innovative business models, management of non-financial resources, and translating corporate strategy into business plans, budgets and policies
- Experience of leading significant transformation at a senior level within an organisation, including delivery of corporate transformation programmes, as well as finance department transformation and culture change
- Substantial experience in working with and being accountable to Boards and Committees
- Substantial experience of developing and / or working with risk and assurance frameworks in changing and complex businesses
- Track record in delivering tangible culture transformation that raises standards and improves outcomes.
We are particularly interested on those who have a sustained senior track record of leadership and organisational management for a start up or growing business, demonstrating transfer-ability of skills - perhaps from commercial providers operating in health, care/support, social housing, leisure, education or large NFP environments.
We are also interested in those with experience in a traded service/local government organisation of similar scope, scale and complexity.
£94,323 to £117,290 plus benefits including LGS Pension plus £10,000 market supplement dependant on experience.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Regional Head of Finance
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + + LGPS
Interim Head of Finance Business Partnering
£350 - 425 per day
£45k - 55k per year
Finance Business Partner
£42k - 44k per year
Finance Business Partner
£50k - 52k per year